Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED] XBMC 13.2 can't access the internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Platform: Arch Linux

I was trying out some Kodi Helix git builds and decided to switch back to Gotham 13.2, so I renamed ~/.xbmc and installed 13.2. However, now I cannot access the internet at all from XBMC, despite being able to cURL the web addresses XBMC is trying to access (as found in the xbmc.log) from my HTPC.

This would, as I understand it, be a new XBMC instance since ~/.xbmc does not exist, but perhaps my assumptions are wrong. Is there some other location where XBMC/Kodi stores files, that might be causing this issue? I can't seem to find anything in my home directory, nor in /tmp.

Here's my xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/gsf7hT8Z
The Python plugins seem to be unaffected, as I am able to get weather info.
This appears to be an incompatibility with the latest cURL release, which I installed when I ran pacman -Syu xbmc. Downgrading to curl 7.37 fixes this issue for me.
I had the very same issue on debian testing (running xbmc 13.1)

xbmc depends on libcurl3-gnutls (7.38.0-1).
A bug report was filed against this version (#762014)
and fixed in 7.38.0-2 (which is debian unstable for now).

Thanks for pushing me into the right direction; been looking for a while to solve this!
No problem!
Working fine for me now (Curl 7.38.0.2 on Antergos Linux).
That version doesn't appear to exist: http://curl.haxx.se/download/

Perhaps you meant 7.38.0-2? I don't know how Antergos manages packages (i.e. whether or not they pull from upstream Arch), but according to this bug report the issue should be fixed with a patch to curl and a rebuild of xbmc against the patched libcurl. Testing this now to confirm for myself.

EDIT: Confirmed, upgrading to xbmc-13.2-4 and curl 7.38.0-2 fixes the issue for me.
no need to rebuild xbmc, just install the fixed curl version.
Yeah, I didn't read the final comment in the bug report.