Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Streaming local channels.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys and gals;

Is there a way to stream local broadcast channels through XBMC? I'm new to this, and I travel quite a bit for work from Boston MA, to San Diego CA, to Naples FL. At night I don't have much to do but sit in a hotel and watch TV. I was following Aereo for a while and it looked promising, but big money shut that down.

Anyways, what I would love to do is be in CA and watch channel 5 in Boston, and be in FL and watch channel 7 in CA. As I do like to keep on local news. And I'm out of the loop when I'm not in that area.

So the Q is, is there any way to do this through XBMC? Even through private networks and what not?

I'm a rookie here so thanks so much.

BM.
143 views and nada, nobody knows?
I subscribed cause I wanna know too.
The good news is that you can watch most stations newscast from that stations website. The problem is, there is really no add-on for it. You, can simply launch from xbmc to play it in a browser, using chrome launcher. Or you can put some work into it and create an xml file for the livestream add-on., but you can see your newscasts.
Thanks for the reply. I'm interested in the whole channel, not just the news casts. For example, there are all sorts of shows on boston PBS that I can't get here in florida, and that are no on PBS's XBMC channel.