Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lates Gotham In Video Sound but No Picture ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently purchsed and Android TV Box S82b and loaded it with lates XBMC . when I try and watch a Film, I get very good sound, but...NO PICTURE, just a black screen.

I have search the internet for a solution for 5 days !! but alas had no sucess. I would be enternaly grateful if somebody could give me some advice to resolve my problem.

A Frustrated Alanofatima
I have a similar problem but I get a green garbled screen. I have a RCA DBA936 android box running 4.0. Everything else appears to work otherwise.[/size]
debug log (wiki)
Turn off both Libstagefright and MediaCodec hardware acceleration and check if that clears the problem, then try enabling each one at a time to isolate to either Libstagefright or MediaCodec.
JJD Many thanks for your suggestion, I appreciate your help. Your solution worked >>> I only have Libstagefright on and that cured my problem.. Many thanks for yout time and efforts.
I got a debug log but I am too much of a newbie to know how to read it. I also looked for the hardware accelerations but xbmc seemed to crash as every add-on seemed to go to a black after I tried to look at the debug file.
Would you please tell me where to look?
Jjd-uk
Can you please tell me how to go there
Is it really that bloody hard to find XBMC settings?

I don't run android, but I go to the XBMC/Kodi manual and enter Android in the search field. That takes me to the Android page. I then see "Android FAQ" and low and behold libstagefright and mediacoddec are BOTH mentioned there.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Android_FAQ

Was that difficult? No it wasn't!