Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HTTP streaming of XVID videos does not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Stream of XVID videos over HTTP does not work on XBMC 13.2. Stream of X264 videos over HTTP does work, though.

I've reported a bug (with logs and that stuff) some months ago with no answer: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15249

13.2 was not out at that time, but I can confirm it doesn't work either. There it is explained how to reproduce the issue, too.

If I can help testing something, just let me know

Thanks a lot!
Rodrigo
Does the problem also occur with xbmc on other platforms (e.g. windows?)
I don't have a Windows handy. I just tried on my debian x86_64 (using xbmc 2:13.1~rc1+dfsg1-1) and the video starts but is suddenly interrupted (one sec of playback more or less). And the video, of course, is longer than that.

I do think that 4 months ago, when I reported the bug on trac, the versy same thing as the trac report happened on my debian. But I'm not 100% sure.

Does this help you ? Do you want me to try older version of the debian package to see if the problem happens ?
If it fails on all platforms (which I'm guessing it does) then this post is better in a general forum where more devs will see it.
Perhaps a mod will move it.
Sure, can you please suggest one ?