Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AFTV + XBMC - where is the movies menu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm a newbie and I've just bought the latest model of Az Fire TV and installed Xbmc framework v. 13.2 ... I have a Diskstation on my home network which has a shared movie folder in which there some subfolders (HD, SD, DVD, and so on) and then a separate folder for each movie with the metadata inside (added by the way of MyMovies app).

I'm currently struggling because I'm not able to have the Video-MOVIES and Video_TV menus on the main page of Xbmc ... the current VIDEOS menĂ¹ doesn't recognize anything of all the metadata inserted in each subfolder and show me just a bunch of folders but it doesn't consider them as movies.

Can you help me!? Thanks in advance! Smile

Have a nice Sunday Blush
Have you added the folders to your library? Browse to the folder containing movies, press menu and select add folder to library or some similar dialogue. You can set it to only use local metadata, but I still would select a scraper from the list.
Have you run a scan of new media.
(2014-09-21, 18:22)dgeezer Wrote: [ -> ]Have you added the folders to your library? Browse to the folder containing movies, press menu and select add folder to library or some similar dialogue. You can set it to only use local metadata, but I still would select a scraper from the list.
Have you run a scan of new media.

Sure I did add the folder, which now is available under VIDEO-files in the main menu but there is no MOVIES menu at all!
Basically I followed this instructions:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...eo_sources

but there is no way to set a content type in XBMC for AFTV, or at least I didn't find it ... while I set it successfully on the Windows version of Xbmc... Huh
Are you using UPnP or DLNA? You can't use those protocols for the local library.
Finally I solved the problem...

probably it's a bug .. but with unpnp protocol Xbmc does NOT give the chance to set the content ... while if I set a network share with AFP or SMB protocol everything goes as it should. SOLVED!

and the library is NOT local is on the home network (on a NAS).
Not a bug, just a limitation with how we currently handle UPnP sources. This will be changed in a future version where UPnP and DLNA sources can be added to the library.

Local library means the library on that specific XBMC instance (rather than seeing metadata in an add-on or something else), not the locations of the files. Most of us store video files on a NAS.