Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fake Kodi Facebook Page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering if this was an official Kodi page on Facebook or if it's just some prick breaking your new trademark guidelines? It might be a good idea to start a thread where people can post links to violators of your trademark terms because I've seen countless sites doing it already.

https://www.facebook.com/KodiEntertainment

Sorry if I'm wrong, I just assumed that Team-Kodi would simply rename their current XBMC facebook page, that way the existing user base isn't lost.
That's us. Although I'm still hoping we can rename the old account without losing the redirect, but we're not sure if it will work, hence the new page.
What I would recommend doing is change the "username" of the Facebook page to whatever you want it to be, then immediately register a new page with the old username and put up a single pinned post on it informing people to follow the new one. That's what we did anyway and it seemed to work. I'm sure you guys got it covered though.

I still think a trademark violation reporting sticky thread might be a good idea as well though.
That's the problem, facebook no longer allows people to register names that are only four letters long. I think a rename would put the old facebook URL into limbo.
We had a problem where Facebook doesn't allow you to put a page name in all block letters anymore either, we simply sent them a support ticket explaining that it would be detrimental to our branding and they made the custom change for us, I'd assume they'd probably make the same exception for you.
Nice, I'll pass that along! Thanks for the heads up.
@eleazar Coding, you're absolutely correct. I had to jump through the same hoops and loops with a client's FB page. In the end it took over a week back and forth showing documentation (brand ownership, assorted documentation, etc.).

@ned, if you talk to Facebook support nicely, they can make that change for you. They don't like to publicize much about name changes, but if you guys make a good enough argument (being a Foundation with a product/software that just got renamed, etc., and don't want to lose fans), they'll probably attend to your request.

Since you guys have two pages now, you might want to request a page merge (new to old, old to new, your choice).
Ned, not to start any debates, just curious, is the "logo" used in the facebook page an indication of what the final logo will be or is it just being used as a placeholder pending the foundation coming to an official design?
it's all just placeholders