Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buffering issues on fibre internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys

I've been searching for a long time to try and find an answer for this. I've recently had 36Mbps fibre broadband installed at home. I can stream a 1080P video through a weskit or HD YouTube videos with no issue without having to wait for them to buffer first. When it comes to XBMC though I am having problems playing content back.

Using the Icefilms add-on and trying any HD source it will play for about a minute tops before it stops to buffer and skips. Playing an SD source is fine but I'd much rather watch HD. I don't understand why it fails to play 720P content properly on XBMC but plays things fine from other places.

Is there a way I can assign more bandwidth to XBMC? I can upload any logs you want but I also want to point out that I've tried it on 2 macs and a Raspberry Pi, 2 of them wired and one mac wireless.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!
Tom
Let me spell it out for you

The issue is not with XBMC. It has nothing to do with XBMC. It wouldn't make any sense for XBMC to somehow not use all the bandwidth that it has available.

The places the files are stored for icefilms are slow. It doesn't matter if youtube is fast, because those are two completely different services on the internet. herp a derp derp, it buffers because the problem is on the other end.

and we won't help you with icefilms, because it's against the forum rules (wiki), which we ask you to read before posting. Which you didn't. Thanks.
Well thanks for such a polite response. Considering this is my first post I'm so glad I cam to this forum where people are so friendly and welcoming. ok so I didn't read all of the rules before posting, obviously everyone else reads everything before agreeing don't they?

A simple nice explanation would have done but no you have to perpetuate the staple of the internet forums where being a dick is the way you get credit.

Thanks so much.
Tom
After the 1,000th "but it was just my first post, you could have been nicer", you stop caring. All you see are people who don't care about anything other than their question, wasting your time, x1000.

It's like putting up a sign that says "don't walk on the grass" because you just reseeded it, but people ignore it and walk on the grass anyways, wasting hours of work. But I'm the asshole? Okay.

Never mind that common sense would have told you that one service is slower than another, regardless of the rules, and the problem wasn't XBMC.
Yes I had a question, yes i only really cared about getting it answered but isn't that the point?

I'm not going to argue with you I can't be arsed. Thanks for your answer, if you're that pissed off when people ask you questions, maybe you should do something else with your spare time.

Thanks
Tom
To be honest this was the first reply I've seen about any add-ons xbmc doesn't support where the person that gives you a answer explains what the issue is and telling you we don't give any support on it.
So if you got issues with that add-on nag the developer of that add-on.
And show some respect to people who even try and take the time to response.