Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EPG Resetting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI Guys,

New to Kodi (xbmc). I've setup my xbmc to use both the VDR VNSI Client and the PVR IPTV Simple Client. Both Clients load their respective channels properly but the EPG gets messed up.

What I suspect is happening is that the 2 clients are overwriting each others EPG. Do you think I'm right or am I barking down the wrong tree ?

If so how would I be able to use both clients ( As I need to watch both live TV and IPTV ) and have both EPG's

Also Can anyone explain how the VDR VNSI client populates the EPG ?
The pvr addons do not populate EPG. XBMC asks the addon for EPG for a given channel. If EPG gets messed up there is in isue in code XBMC, not the addon.

btw: why don't you use IPTV plugin for vdr? this way you just need a single addon.
Thanks for the info.

I'm using the IPTV addon so i can watch livestreams on live tv, and i've setup the VDR addon so that i can watch DVBT channels on live tv.
What I meant is that you can use vdr for both use cases http://www.saunalahti.fi/~rahrenbe/vdr/iptv/
Ausome, didnt know about that, will try that out tx
Hi and sorry for the delay, Didnt have time to work on this. I got rid of the Simple IPTV client. So now I only have the VDR VNSI client. But the problem still persists.

After I scan for channels and reset the EPG / PVR databases i can see all the channels and their EPG's without any problems. But after a few seconds it looks like somthin resets and all the EPG / channel info data gets removed. Its the same behaviour when I reboot the system.

I initially thought that since I had 2 VDR clients active that they might be corrupting the EPG / PVR databases. But it looks like that's not the case

I'm using OE 3.2, xbmc 12 + and VDR VNSI 1.6 + which was bundled with the xbmc.
oops, those are really really old versions. do you have a chance to upgrade?
Yeah I thought it might have an effect. Will give it a shot. tx for the help