Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Addon request: Dialpad addon for direct tuning for TV channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I wondered, why XBMC doesn't contain an option (a little numeric keypad or so) where I could directly tune a certain TV channel by it's channel number. For example, when I watch channel #4 on my favourites list and want to zap to channel #96 immediately, I have only two options:

1.) I zap through all channels between #4 and #96, which takes an eternity,
2.) I use the scrollbar on the left/right side, depending on how it was opened, scroll to the channel that I want and click on it.

Both options aren't really comfortable. Better would be, if there was an addon, which creates a virtual numpad on the left options bar (sorry, I don't know the real name of it). That's the bar, which can be popped out if needed on the left side of the screen. There, I could simply enter '96' in my example.

Also tried to use the Guide function in XBMC, but it's loading so slow on my Android, that it's quite unusable.

Would be nice to have such a numpad. The search function here on the forums didn't show up any result.

Zoli
The PVR (wiki) function in XBMC actually has this. You can do it with a remote with numberpad or with a virtual keypad.

If this is an add-on or other video listing, you can also do SMS (wiki)-jumps with the numberpad.
I'm using XBMC on two different devices:

1.) My before mentioned Android device, a Samsung Galaxy S2, using latest Kodi Helix. There is no ability to connect a real remote on this device, and I don't want one externally, which I have to carry around along with the device, when I want to watch TV with it. And that's the major reason for my request. On Android it's also impossible to use the system's built-in soft (virtual) keyboard, so, if XBMC doesn't provide one, which is fact, than there is no other option, than the ones from my previous post.

2.) My laptop, using XBMC Gotham. The remote control for it is Yatse app on my Android device, where I'm also quite missing a numpad function. So, I have to stand up and use the built-in keyboard of the laptop if I want to zap. Unfortuantely, I don't have an IR remote, nor having an IR port on the laptop to try to use a real remote control, which has a numpad.

Besides, what is an SMS-jump?

Zoli