Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Share HD over SMB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using SMB to sharefiles from one PC to another. When sharing folders I have no problem but hard drives don't seem to be recognised

for e.g E:/movies/dark knight . that will share fine and work
But E:/dark knight that won't let me access the movies over xbmc.

Sharing is Same for both using windows 7 on both pcs
make folder called E:/Share then put folder for E:/Share/Movies and E:/Share/TV...

does that give you the same end result your looking for?

Im pretty sure windows complains when you try to share the root of hdd's?

D.
Well on one of my hard drives I do have E;/Movies and E;/TV shows. When sharing them folders that works fine just hard drive gives a problem . might just have to put movies into a folder called movies n share that..
You can't share a drive.
I wouldn´t recommend to put all your movie files in one single folder. I would seperate them and put the movie files (mkv, iso, whatever) in a seperate folder, called exactly as the movie file. You will have more than one file for each movie (fanart, poster, nfo) and if you have them all in one single folder, including all movies files (which can be a ton in a short time), you might get confused and don´t have a clear structure.

Just for example...if you have 400 movies and a nfo, a poster and a fanart file for each movie you have 1600 files in one single folder.

So, putting all movie files in one single folder called "movies" wouldn´t be my way.

But it´s your choice
(2014-10-01, 07:15)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]You can't share a drive.

Yeah you can. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windo...of-a-drive
(2014-10-01, 09:57)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-01, 07:15)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]You can't share a drive.

Yeah you can. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windo...of-a-drive

OK I stand corrected. Doesn't look like a good idea though.
Decided to just create a f older within hard drive n then place separate movie folders in that folder.