Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Decoding issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a problem. I updated from version 12.1 to 13.2 and suddenly there was no multichannel sound. I then managed to get the Dolby Digital via passthrough but DTS is gone. And the movie's track is DTS!
I tried older versions but no luck. If I ran a movie with VLC player, the DTS decoding is working properly.
No matter what I do - I get a two channel sound or Dolby Digital decoding. No DTS at all.
My connection is coaxial.
I didn't perform an uninstall - I just ran setup for several times. Could that be an issue? Are there any things I should be aware of in the registry due to multiple installations?

Please help, this is getting frustrating. Sad

Thank you.
I suggest a debug log and screenshots of your audio settings.

With Gotham there is a hierarchy of settings levels. By default it is on idiot level, try bumping it up to Expert and you will see more options in your audio settings menu.
Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

My system is Win7 64-bit.
When I selected custom installation - I did not choose addons, directx and microsoft package.
Dolby Digital is working when I choose transcoding. When disabled only two channel sound is available.

If I install older version it does not work too.

OK, I don't know how but somehow I managed to get it work.
I selected WASAPI on both settings and now it's working. I'm not sure how I missed that yesterday?
In those screenshots you had Directsound selected as passthrough device, changing to WASAPI is what would have made it work.
Yes and so I did. I'm 100% sure it worked on both settings in older versions.
Audio engine was totally re-worked between Frodo and Gotham.
OK, I'm glad I solved this.
Thank you all for your help.
I hope Dolby Atmos decoding would be available soon. ;-)