Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hostile System Takeover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why does Kodi/XBMC completely take over my system? Anything else I run, I can switch out to other programs, but Kodi completely takes over. Let me know if I'm wrong, but I don't see any way to access my Desktop without closing Kodi. This severely limits its usability.
hit the "\" key. the reason for that, is its because its a 10 ft interface.
Kodi is designed to be primarily a fullscreen app as the main use case we develop for is running on a HTPC where the PC is connected to the TV for watching movies/TV on the couch in the living room, essentially we are a DVD player/blu-ray player/pvr replacement.

While it's not the primary use case we develop for, Kodi can be used as a desktop app in Windowed mode, there are two ways to do this:

1. Keyboard shortcut backslash \ will toggle between fullscreen and windowed.
2. Settings -> System -> Video output -> Display mode -> Windowed
Took too long typing my reply on the tablet Smile
beat ya! although, you can have the credit because you explained your answer. just like in 5th grade math.
(2014-10-01, 20:02)zaivala Wrote: [ -> ]Why does Kodi/XBMC completely take over my system? Anything else I run, I can switch out to other programs, but Kodi completely takes over. Let me know if I'm wrong, but I don't see any way to access my Desktop without closing Kodi. This severely limits its usability.

If you want to use other desktop programs I assume you have keyboard to hand ALT + TAB will toggle you between the desktop and any other programs running.alongside Kodi/XBMC.