Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Improve IPTV on Raspberry PI (OpenElec)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a Raspberry PI with installed XBMC(OpenElec). I also have installed the Addon PVR IPTV simple client(1.9.3) to watch TV. The channel information is in a m3u file. I also bought the Mpeg2 licence and all in all every thing works fine. But there are a few issues which I really would like to improve:

- Can I imporve the time for channel switching? Right now I have 7-10 seconds which is really slow :/

- Is it possible to switch the channel by saying "Go to channel number 10" ...??

- Is there a way to open the channel list directly? it is really annoying to push the center button(of remote controler) than twice right and than again the center button. This is really so annoying.

So all in all I am looking for a way to improve the time for switching channels. If i want to Switch the channel 5 - 9 I have to wait 7-10 seconds for each channel, or use 4 Buttons (via List). This is really annoying and it would be really great if there would be a better way.

I hope somebody can help me Smile

Cheers Wunder0
You could try a test Helix build from here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192380

These include a "fast channel switch" patch which may be worth a try.