Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Live TV, Again!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am getting increasingly frustrated with XBMC, or with whatever I am doing wrong! I am still trying to get this all set up, and have again adjusted my antenna. Although ServerWMC shows the tuners and channels, and WMC shows Live TV (on my Windows 7 PC), I am unable to get XBMC to show Live TV.

I have tried disabling the PVR and re-enabling, resetting the PVR and EPG databases, stopping/restarting XBMC, rebooting the Raspberry Pi, but I can't get Live TV. Please tell me what I need to do to solve this issue, even after I've made antenna adjustments.

Also, XBMC says there is an update available for Windows Media Center Client - linux arm Edition, but when I select update, it doesn't do anything. Would that have anything to do with this recurring problem?

Please excuse the long XBMC log, as I tried several different things.

XBMC: http://pastebin.com/wBTeevHm
ServerWMC: http://pastebin.com/5VNQG7tS
thats a really big logfile full of lots of different things, there are quite a few live stream attempts where ServerWMC is not getting any video signal from WMC. But ignoring those and focusing on the times that ServerWMC backend happily gets the video/audio data and remux job is working OK, the raspberry pi client then reports it cant access the file

This path is being sent to the rpi

smb://XBMC:****@DIANE-PC/Recorded TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_192.168.0.8_ATSC_8.1_2014_10_01_18_08_05.ts

And the XBMC log on RPI shows it cant access it (permission denied error)
Code:
18:08:08 T:2847827008   DEBUG: AddOnLog: Windows Media Center Client - linux arm Edition: OpenLiveStream> opening stream: smb://USER:PASSWORD@DIANE-PC/Recorded TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_192.168.0.8_ATSC_8.1_2014_10_01_18_08_05.ts
18:08:08 T:2847827008   DEBUG: CSmbFile::Open - opened Recorded TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_192.168.0.8_ATSC_8.1_2014_10_01_18_08_05.ts, fd=-1
18:08:08 T:2847827008    INFO: FileSmb->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://USER:PASSWORD@DIANE-PC/Recorded%20TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_192.168.0.8_ATSC_8.1_2014_10_01_18_08_05.ts'
                                            unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

Does the rpi resolve "DIANE-PC" to the correct IP address? You could try hardcoding IP address (in ServerWMC as the UNC network recording path put the IP rather than DIANE-PC) and see if that helps? Pretty sure you wouldnt get a permission denied error though if it couldnt contact the server. So in that case double check that the user/password provided are the correct windows username and password on DIANE-PC that has at least read access to this share
dschroed,

After you resolve the problem scarecrow is pointing out - if you still have channels that don't produce output - try changing the following value to 0 in serverwmc's config.xml file:

<Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel>0</Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel>

then save the config file and restart swmc. Then see if you get live-tv on these problem channels.
Thanks so much for your quick response! As it turns out, I did inadvertently remove the user I had created for an XBMC account. So, after I corrected that, and after I changed to the IP in the ServerWMC UNC path, Live TV works again.

Thanks again for your assistance!