Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need some timeshift debug logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've asked around on IRC but never really gotten a hold of anyone there. I'm trying to solve an old bug with the tvheadend PVR addon which causes XBMC to jump to the beginning of the timeshift buffer if you skip around in it too much. Since I haven't been able to confirm whether this works for any VDR users I'm asking for someone to produce some logs for me so I can compare some values and try to figure out where the fault lies.

Steps that should be taken when grabbing the log

1. Pause a live TV channel for a few minutes
2. Press play to resume playing
3. Jump backwards and forwards a few times (preferably many steps back, many steps forward etc.)
4. Upload a log to http://xbmclogs.com and link it here.

Optionally, what would also be of interest is a log where instead of pausing a channel first you simply start skipping backwards and forwards (assuming VDR has an "always on" timeshift feature).

Thanks in advance!
not sure what you are looking for: http://paste.ubuntu.com/8508969/
with stepback/forwards default to 30sec you hit the beginning after a few seeks anyway.
This is what I get, the "time" value sent to the addon is totally different from what I see in your log.

Quote:brix@brix:~$ grep "demuxer seek" test
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: -9704
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: -5560
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: -5560, success
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 3320
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 3320, success
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: -26000
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: -26000, success
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: -12433
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: -12433, success
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: -43793
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: -43793, success
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: -28600
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: -28600, success
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 31160
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 31160, success
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 36360
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 36360, success
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 35720
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 35720, success
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 33440
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 33440, success
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 33320
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 33320, success
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 33440
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 33440, success
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 33320
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 33320, success
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 35678
Debug Print: demuxer seek to: 35678, success
brix@brix:~$

Do you know how the value is determined? Is the addon influencing it in some way?
player adds or subtracts milliseconds to step to pts on display. right after a seek pts on screen is assumed to be startpts returned by demuxer::SeekTime. You told me that you don't set this parameter which can be the issue here.
We set it, but only on successful seeks (which I guess is correct). I need to do more debugging when I get home.
Can someone try this with XBMC on Windows? Windows seems to skip to the beginning of the buffer *every* time you skip, no matter in which direction. This is not the case on Linux.
(2014-10-19, 11:49)negge Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone try this with XBMC on Windows? Windows seems to skip to the beginning of the buffer *every* time you skip, no matter in which direction. This is not the case on Linux.

Negge,
well, I'm on nightly OE with Helix. Using Adam's/Your pvr.tvh 0.9.5. And I also see skipping to the beginning of the buffer. Always. On Linux.

Need a log?

Cheers
Diddle
This just keeps getting weirder, it used to be that it skipped to the beginning just sometimes. Guess I'll have to continue investigating.