Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "Add-on does not have correct structure" even when taken from installed skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, This is a humble request for assistance. I want to make some relatively simple changes to the default skin, but no matter what I do I can not install the skin to XBMC via zip. I get an error “add-on does not have the correct structure.” Now, I know what you are thinking - I read a lot about this issue as well as accomplishing the change I’d like to make. All I want to do is add more main menu buttons as detailed in many posts and articles here. I have tested the change successfully on Mac OS X 10.10 Beta 5 running Kodi alpha 4, by editing confluence directly so I’m pretty sure it is good.

The problem is getting the skin to actually install on OpenELEC
I have even gone so far as to copy successfully installed skins from the ‘packages’ directory in OpenELEC (/xbmc/addons/packages) where they are stored in zip form, unzip them, change the name on the zip file, the folder in the zip that contains everything and in the addon.xml file and it STILL gave me the skin does not have valid structure error.

I have tried editing the installed confluence skin directly in OpenELEC in the usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/ folder, but I do not have write permission in that folder and attempts to grant it through OS X did not work out.

I named my zip skin.myskin-1.0.0.zip
when that file is unzipped, I have a folder named skin.myskin
within that folder I find add-on.xml, in which I have changed the name, id and version number all to match my skin.
all the other required files and folders are also found. I can verify this because I have ripped successfully installed skins and did nothing but change the name and try to repack.

I have shown all hidden files in OS X Finder, and I don’t see any Mac Junk files. (/DS_Store, etc.)

Does anyone see something that I’m missing? I know about the Hybrid skin, but I would eventually like to further tweak it myself in the future after I get the menu items changed.

This is all going down on Gotham 13.2 via OpenELEC 4.2.1 on an Intel® NUC DC3217IYE. I am using Mac OS.

Thanks very much for reading this far.
Hi

Did you ever sort this out.

I am having the same issue, on ATV2 and Android when i try and instal a zip of the skin I have modified. (confluence)

I have modified the base skin.confluence to get around it but I would rather leave it standard and install my modified version.

Even just copying to the add ons directory manually results in Kodi not seeing the new skin at all.

Any help would be appreciated.
Unfortunately not. I decided to wait until the Helix was released before I messed with it anymore and haven't had a chance since it came out. I will pick it up in couple weeks and let you know if I figure anything out.
Try installing this renamed copy of skin.confluence 2.6.0 (Kodi / Helix) version:

https://github.com/MassIV/skin.modfluence

I checked correct renaming and version, installs good on Win8.
Download zip button is on the right hand side of the page.