Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Krusty,
Totally understand if you are not interested in this but I am trying to get Windows 10 going on a spare ssd and everything has worked perfectly except ServerWMC. I get this error on startup.

Could not load file or assembly ;ehRecObj, Version=6.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublkcKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Unrecoverable Error - ServerWMC will teminate!

Have you got any idea how to work around this?
I am very interested in it. The problem is the current version of win10 kills wmc when it installs (see their list of warnings about installing it - that's one of them). Hopefully when they put out the non-business version it will be enabled.
When you fill in the Media Center Feature product key (from Windows 8) in the Windows 10 Development Preview, WMC works.
Yeh what Kib said. You can use the same trial key as W8 to install the additional features.
Cool, I can test out win10 too then, thanks for the info. Likely the problem is we will need to update the installer for win10 (just like we had to do for win8 and 8.1). Before we do this, have you tried reinstalling serverwmc after win 10?
Yeh, this was a fresh install on a blank drive so there was no previous version. I setup WMC first so I knew it worked(which it did), then downloaded the installer.
Can you check to see if the dlls are there? For example, see if ehRecObj.dll is in c:\windows\ehome
If you have a look at the different app.config files for win 7 8 and 8.1 in the ServerWMC directory, you should see how we do it. Sounds like win 10 may have yet another version of the WMC assembly version we need to specify in the bindings, if you can figure it out (eg event log error mentioning the new version number) you could edit config file yourself
Thanks scarecrow, I'll sit down a bit later and see what I can learn. Never tried this before but I'll have a shot.

Krusty, no dll files there. I'll investigate more and come back.

edit: dll files are there? I swear they weren't there the first time?!?!?
I did it! Just opened ServerWMC.exe.config and replaced 6.3.0.0 with 6.4.0.0 (it was just a guess based on reading someones previous post trying to get it working on 8.1), opened ServerWMC and it works! The snag that I also figured out with the forum was saving the altered file....had to open notepad as admin.

Many thanks guys.
Thanks much emptyhead, thanks to your work we now know how to fix the installer so it will work in win10. Expect it in the next release.