Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New XBMC install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
HTPC system running windows 8.1
what is the recommended remote control tool for XBMC and for windows? (assuming I don't have a wireless keyboard in my living room)
What is the recommended method to auto start windows directly into XBMC home screen ?
Just to chime in I've tried two on the Android phone. Yatse and the official XBMC app. The official XBMC app is rather complicated to install. It asks for all kinds of information that I didn't have and I never did get it working. The Yatse app is easy to install but it only seems to work for a week or so and then you have to uninstall it and reinstall it. I'd like to know more about these issues too.
I have added the xbmc exe into the startup folder (can be found in the windows start menu) so when i boot it fires up windows and starts XBMC
(2014-10-16, 13:49)CustomIce Wrote: [ -> ]I have added the xbmc exe into the startup folder (can be found in the windows start menu) so when i boot it fires up windows and starts XBMC

I will try that...thanks
there is some guide on how to on the wiki
Adding XBMC to the startup folder did fire it up after re-boot, but the windows 8.1 logon screen showed up first and I had to enter my pin.
so I disabled the windows logon screen and had my user set to automatically login when windows starts.
but I'm still getting the windows START screen as the first screen after restart (the one with the tiles) and only after selecting DESKTOP, I get the XBMC home page.
any ideas how to bypass the windows START screen ?
(2014-10-16, 14:47)danik56 Wrote: [ -> ]Adding XBMC to the startup folder did fire it up after re-boot, but the windows 8.1 logon screen showed up first and I had to enter my pin.
is there a way to suppress the logon screen ?

You have to Bypass the logon screen

I think this is the path Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts

Change it to Auto logon
You can try my xbmclauncher to start xbmc at boot without loading desktop.
I was able to eliminate the logon and start screens at boot-up and the XBMC main is displayed.
However, when the system goes to sleep I still get the logon screen after it wakes up. need to figure out how to bypass it.

Also have a problem of no audio output via HDMI. is that a windows issue ? I don't have HDMI showing up as output device option in the XBMC audio section.
Thanks. I was able to fix the HDMI audio output issue by re-installing the MB VGA driver from the ASUS support site.
I'm getting audio output from the TV connected to the HDMI output in 2 channel mode. The output audio device is the Intel HD audio device. there is also a Realtek audio device installed. is that a problem ?
I don't see any supported formats showing up in the audio device properties. only 2 channels are listed.
Not sure how to enable multi-channel output via HDMI
Glad it's sorted for you. Enjoy !! Smile
Question is whether I can get multi-channel output via the HDMI output device with the Intel HD Graphics integrated into the CPU.
Only 2 channels are listed so seems that I might have a problem. Isn't HDMI supposed to pass through a digital audio stream that is decoded by the receiver ?
Yes should be possible, providing you have the hardware to support them - an av receiver for example. If you're connecting direct to your TV then 2 channel is about as good as its likely to get.
I have a 7.1 AV receiver that supports HD sound formats. I will give it a try over the weekend.
Pages: 1 2