Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: scraper not being updated with new posters [SOLVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I can't see the new posters or pictures of shows that came out after I first downloaded xbmc and its scrapers. For instance, I installed xbmc in July and now that the new Season of Big Bang Theory is out, I still see no new posters in the scraper when I click on "choose art". Shouldn't they auto-update?

I use thetvdb scraper.

thank you!
(2014-10-18, 14:56)Nukles Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I can't see the new posters or image pictures that came out after I first downloaded xbmc and its scrapers. For instance, I installed xbmc in July and now that the new Season of Big Bang Theory is out, I still see no new posters in the scraper when I click on "choose art". Shouldn't they auto-update?

thank you!

hit refresh on the tvshow. It's not something that is auto updated. You will keep your watched status while doing this
(2014-10-18, 14:58)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]

I can't see the new posters or image pictures that came out after I first downloaded xbmc and its scrapers. For instance, I installed xbmc in July and now that the new Season of Big Bang Theory is out, I still see no new posters in the scraper when I click on "choose art". Shouldn't they auto-update?

thank you!

hit refresh on the tvshow. It's not something that is auto updated. You will keep your watched status while doing this

Thank you, that worked! However, it also changed the Poster of the TV Show (not the seasons one, as long as I hit "don't refresh for all past episodes"). Not a big deal though, I can revert to the previous poster easily.
(2014-10-18, 14:58)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]

thank you!

I've been wondering the same thing.

When a new season of an existing TV Show gets added the TVDB.com scraper doesn't get a new season poster image and its just blank in XBMC. It does add the new episodes OK however.

I was expecting that when the new episodes of the new season were scrapped in that the season poster would also automatically appear. This does not happen though.

If I instead Reload the TV Show then the new season poster is found and displayed OK by TheTVDB.com scraper.

So this is by design / expected?

Thanks
I asked this a couple of years ago and never got an answer.

When you hit refresh you have two options: either make it use local information, or make it ignore local information and search the internet.

If you make it use local, obviously it doesn't get any new posters.

But if you select ignore local, then it changes all of the existing artwork. This is a pain in the you know what.

I really think there should be a middle ground where xbmc only refreshes missing artwork and leaves the existing ones alone. So an option like use local information but search the internet for missing ones. In fact I think that should be the default behavior for refresh.

So, what I would like to really see is when you hit refresh the following happens:
1) the scraper searches for all the available artwork on the internet and updates the listings (but does not change existing art)
2) the scraper automatically selects a new artwork when it was previously missing.

That way, you get the best of both worlds. If you do want to change existing artwork, you can select change or browse, and it will give you the most up to date listing of artwork available after a refresh without messing with your existing selection.

Sometimes I wonder how xbmc devs deal with that issue (or whether they experience it at all). They usually recommend against external scrapers and tell us to use the internal one. But the internal one has that really annoying behavior which rears its ugly head every time a new season of a show starts.