Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skins for keyboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I hope I'm asking this in the right forum.

I'm a very satisfied user of XBMC (Gotham, on Raspberry Pi, using Confluence skin mostly). However something has plagued me for some time. I have a rather extensive music collection, and my movie collection is growing as well. I hooked up a USB keyboard to the Pi and it works great, but what I would really like, is to know if there is a skin that supports navigating to the item in a list by pressing the first key. What I mean is pretty common on many file managers on different O/Ses. Basically, when I'm in my Artist view, and I press 'M' on the keyboard, I would like to automatically place the 'highlight' on the first artist starting with 'm', instead of having to scroll all the way there.

I hope I'm making sense. And i hope anyone can tell me if skins exist with this kind of behaviour.

What would be even nicer is that it would not just be the first letter, you would be able to start typing and it would filter on the fly. But with the first scenario I would be very happy as well.
try SHIFT + M
or SHIFT + METTALICA

(so just keep shift pressed and keep typing)
No way. I *have* try this when I get home. thanks!

I guess I should RTFM more
only one problem. if you are in album list and you have them sorted by artist. This won't work as it uses the album titles. (i hate when it does that)