Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple files of one movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is impossible now to use TMM when I want to have multiple video files of the same movie (eg. different spoken language). I can set directory renamer to something like "movie title/audio-codec_video-codec_resolution/original title" and hope it will USUALLY work (assuming there will be different codes or resolutions). But even that seems not working properly, because I get error. It looks like nested directories are problematic.

Besides that I love TMM.
hmm.. what solution do you have in mind to solve that?
For my 5 movies, i changed the title (after scraping) to contain the language... so the renamer works fine.

We could use the language text filed in renamer... put it on our todo Smile
Not sure but some kind of iterator seems the only way. New field for renamer pattern (eg. "Movie Title{_$Number}"). I like to use TMM in cli mode so manual editing should be avoided.
So you have multiple variants of a movie in one directory?
And you want to keep that?
Maybe you could give me some examples of your (desired) naming/structure Smile

Whilst we detect such files (if activated), they're still threated as separate movies...
...and need something to distinguish from the other, to successfully rename/handle them...
Quote:So you have multiple variants of a movie in one directory?
Yes.

Quote:And you want to keep that?
Not necessary.

Quote:Maybe you could give me some examples of your (desired) naming/structure
Code:
~/Videos/Titanic (1997)/Titanic_v1.avi
~/Videos/Titanic (1997)/Titanic_v2.avi

My current workaround is to make structure like this:
Code:
~/Videos/Titanic (1997)/1280x544_AAC-2ch_h264-720p/Titanic.avi
~/Videos/Titanic (1997)/1920x816_AC3-6ch_h264-1080p/Titanic.avi
But this can crash when I have let's say one move, two files, both with the same A/V codecs but different spoken language.