Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC map to DLNA server connection issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am able to map my DLNA server without any issues and play video and/or music. My problem occurs when the DLNA server is rebooted and the previous mapping is no longer valid. I then have to map the server again and I notice XBMC generates a new UPNP path. Is there anyway to make this connection so I do not have to map it each time?
it's not XBMC that is generating a different UPNP path but our DLNA server. From what I recall UPNP does not have static/fixed paths - I at least think that is what Montellese said some time ago
When XBMC/Kodi is the UPnP/DLNA server to an XBMC/Kodi "client", it should keep the path the same between reboots. What DLNA server are you using?
I am able to map to and play from my DLNA server however, the connection becomes stale in the event my DLNA server is rebooted. I then have to go through the pain of mapping the server again... and when I do this, I notice the UPNP id (prefix before the actual mapping of the server) has changed. Is there any way to correct this so that I have a persistent mapping? It is a pain having to map this all of the time.

Thanks, Jay
I've merged your new post with the old post, and refer you to the questions previously posted to you.