Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Samba Shares in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys,

I have a little problem with my Samba share on my NAS.

setup:
- Raspberry B+ with RASPBMC
- QNAP TS-469L NAS with my Data

The problem is when I connect the raspberry with the samba share by the XBMC GUI, I haven't access on all Subdirectories. wierd is the fact, that the folder that I created new are accessable and mostly old folders (old means: folder that I copied from old external hard drives on the NAS) aren't accessable.
But when I connect the share on OS-layer (//x.x.x.x/movies /mnt/smb/movies cifs username=xxx,password=xxx,uid=1000,gid=1000,iocharset=utf8 0 0) and browse then from the XBMX Gui through the Root Directory to the mount point (/mnt/smb/movies) I have access on all Subdirectories. [old and new folders]

my first thought was that maybe the user/password, that is used by the xbmc is wrong. So I looked at the passwords.xml in the userdata directory of the xbmc but there is every fine.
got anybody an idea why I can access on the folder on OS layer but not from the xbmc directly?

Code:
root@raspbmc:/home/pi/.xbmc/userdata# cat passwords.xml
<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://x.x.x.x/</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://xxx:[email protected]//movies/</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

btw: I want the direct smb path cause I'm using an centralized mysql database and a mount point wouldn't make sense.

here the log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=322685
debug log (wiki). Always provide a debug log (wiki).
sorry I added the log to my post.
Why use SMB anyway? Your NAS is capabel of NFS. It consumes a less resources on the PI and hence it's preferred over SMB.

Another advantage is there is no detailed accounting in NFS, so there is access or no access at all.... No things with SMB like you can access this folder but not the other etc.

I use a shared MySql db and NFS paths (without subsitution or anything) to share my files accross multiple PI's.