Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Adding Films to Library using NFO Files + Scraper.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm using xbmc/kodi for a year or so.. and i hadn't this problem before..

Well despite my configuration on nas or mysql i have tried in a new pc with a fresh xbmc 13.2 installation and only the Aeon MQ5 and filmaffinity addons installed.

If i scrape new movies.. i have no problem.. the xbmc looks up for the info in the scraper i have chosen.. with no problem..

then i "export" in separate files to generate the nfo, jpg files and more..

The problem happens when i try to add the movies to library using the nfo files..

XBMC shows names of folders but no movie is added...

When i check into the "Files" mode.. i can find the movie and if i press "i" for info.. then xbmc adds the movie to library and shows the info.. (based on local files)..

When i choose the scraper "NFO local files" no problem.. all is done like it was intended..

Any idea why this happens?.. i have been away for at least 2 months (without adding nothing to xbmc).. and when i have returned.. i can't add movies..

Of course i can chose "NFO local files" allways.. but if i would like to "reload" a film from my liked scraper.. it's impossible because of "local" option.

Thank you in advance.. any idea will be welcomed.
The two most likely things I can think of:
1) Are the files named properly? exactnameofvideo.nfo
2) Are the nfo files encoded as utf-8.

My guess is that neither of the above applies if the local info scraper works. Just a guess, if you have a url in the file content is it an IMDB url? I know TMDB url's no longer work in an NFO file. This could be true for other scapers as well.
Hi, thanks for replying..

Well i have checked the files aren't in uft-8..

The files are named properly as usually.. i have checked on a few movies not only one.. and as you say.. the local scraper works ok..

Files are made directly by xbmc not any other program like ember media management.. or similars So i dont understand why this is happening..

I don't think is a problem with urls.. but i'll take a look in depth on it..

On the other hand.. is very rare that movie cant have info.. and when you press the "i" key xbmc read all info in the files..so.. i don't understand whats happening..

I really have no idea.. what happend since august when all was working right.. maybe some plugin has been updated.. or some has become obsolete.. i don't know but i think must be someone with same problem..

Does It only happen to me?..

This should have an easy solution for sure.. I can't believe this is happening and there is no solution..

ill keep you posted if i find something to report.

thank you
The files must be utf-8 to work. Otherwise they won't be read at all.
Then how can i make the xbmc save the files into utf-8 format?

thanks
Well thanks you..

i found my solution.. was the plugin "filmaffinity 1.6.1" that was interfering with TMBD.. when i have uninstalled filmaffinity all was OK..

Also the problem is worst when you are using other profile different to "MASTER".. if i use master user then with the "TMB" plugin i have no problem but wen using any "normal" profile.. i can no scrape any information if is in local NFO files.

Only works with the "nfo" local scraper what is not what i want to do..

Hope anybody who has same problem can take this as solution like me.

I have reported on the "filmaffinity" forum the problem maybe next version will be as great as it was..

By now i will miss the filmaffinity plugin.

Regards.

Now it works as is intended.. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin