Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Series Recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couple of requests for making Metropolis more useful with Live TV and PVR functionality.

First request is genre color in EPG, like in this thread.

Second request is the ability to Set and delete series recordings from the EPG like here.

Finally if it is possible so that when Live TV is selected from the home menu, that it goes directly to the EPG timeline view, instead of channel list.
I'll look into these as soon as I have the time.
Ok thanks.
Any updates on these items?
@jingai Have you had a chance to look into any of these requests? Most importantly I am looking for the series recording.
I have not, sorry. The biggest problem is simply that I don't have a PVR.. nor do I have a Windows machine.
I do not have much experience with coding, but if you were able to write what needs to be done, I could implement, test it, and provide logs as needed.
So I fixed Helix support for PVRs (I think)

I also went ahead and added Genre color support (I think).

Helix PVR commit

I did the best I could with a partially working PVR device, it doesn't seem to want to show me any kind of guide (like I said it's broken) so if someone could let me know how it works and post pictures of anything not working.

So I rewrote (lifted mostly from Confluence and shoe-horned into Metropolis) the PVR GUIDE (there were so many changes it was non functional)

It seems to be working, but it needs some color alignment love from someone. I'll work on it and the rest of the PVR stuff soon.

PVR Guide fixed (I think)

Thanks MacGyver, great work.
No problem, I like a challenge.
I also seem to have more free time than jingai, so I try to do the new alpha rough-in work on my personal version, so that he can come back through and add the bits of my alpha that are in line with the flow of official Metropolis. (with the hope that it saves him some time here and there.) I like to use Metropolis on the bleeding edge Kodi RCs, so it's mutually advantageous. Smile

BTW: My PVR is an old bent USB device from 6 years ago with speaker wire for an antenna so I'm not able to test things 100%.
It does indeed save me time, of which I am short Smile Your help is much appreciated!
So I fixed lots of option menu stuff, also now you can switch between guide, now, and next in the guide screen, but the last 2 still have alignment issues.

Added the Helix group recording button as per this post.

Not sure if I can implement the "Series recording" stuff without a Windows-based backend. (I lost my whole NAS while trying to fix my non-LTS Mint 12 install so I could fix my TVHeadend backend last night.) BTW don't install the "stable version" of TVHeadEnd it sucks when trying to install your PVR device, use the unstable 3.9.2276 instead. Luckily my software-based RAID6 array came back under my now newly installed Mint 17.1 (LTS) with no problems (literally installed mdadm, copied over my old mdadm.conf, and edited fstab, and bam, still clean and working perfectly). Did lose my Kodi SQL database though Sad.

Anyway....

Here are the current commits, I will work on them more this weekend as I find the time.

New menu examples: