Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to configure TVheadend as backend for Octopus NET / SAT over IP??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I'm an XBMC and Linux Newbie and I'm asking for your help to get it working.

I'm using an Intel D34010 NUC as HTPC with XBMC Gotham under OpenELEC 4.1.2.
TV signal is provided by a Digital Devices Octopus NET tuner that sends the signal as SAT over IP-stream into my home network.
Now I want to configure LiveTV by setting up TVheadend as backend on the HTPC and then using the TVheadend addon from XBMC.

My problem is: How do I configure TVheadend in order to receive the SAT over IP-stream?

The TVheadend webinterface just shows up two tabs under "Configuration": TV adapters and IPTV. Both show no entries.
The Octopus Net is otherwise working fine, there is a clear signal when using Browser TV for instance.

Or would you recommend a different approach, VDR for instance?
I've already tried the simple-IPTV-client which worked alright, but that's not really an option, because it doesn't support timeshift and recording.[/size]

Can any of you guys help?
Thanks in advance!

HTPC: Intel NUC D34010 WYK
DVB: Digital Devices Octopus NET C/T-4
XBMC 13.2 / OpenELEC 4.1.2
TV: Philips PFL 9704
I think this is something you need to ask the TVHeadend people at their own forum/support channel.
You'll need to use the latest version of tvheadend. Follow the instructions on https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend...Repository (use the "unstable" version). After that your SAT>IP tuner should be auto-detected and shown in the TV adapters tab.

If you have any problems, join #hts on irc.freenode.net and someone will definitely give you a hand through the process!
(2014-10-21, 17:48)steppenwolf Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

I'm an XBMC and Linux Newbie and I'm asking for your help to get it working.

I'm using an Intel D34010 NUC as HTPC with XBMC Gotham under OpenELEC 4.1.2.
TV signal is provided by a Digital Devices Octopus NET tuner that sends the signal as SAT over IP-stream into my home network.
Now I want to configure LiveTV by setting up TVheadend as backend on the HTPC and then using the TVheadend addon from XBMC.

Hey Steppenwolf,

I'm wondering if you get any luck after the suggestions made in this thread?
i've moved this to the TVHeadend sub-forum
OpenElec 4.2.1 ships an very old TVHeadend version, you need at least OpenElec 5.0 RCx that TVHeadend supports Sat>IP.

I got a similar problem but no response Sad The lack of a proper wiki/guide won´t help either.

VDR runs ok but has problems with quick start-stop actions -> blocks 1/4 receivers -> easily kill all ports -> bye bye sat ip box.
No problem with DVBViewer, seems VDR/SatIpPlugin have some problems.
Join #hts on freenode and you will most certainly get some help sooner or later.