Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Colour space limited or full
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an nvidia gt520m card and a lg lcd television , I cant see any setting on the tv re colourspace.

Is there a particular config recommend for the colour space setting in the nvidia control panel, eg auto, full, or limited and likewise in the xbmc settings to avoid black crush etc?
Settings / System / Video output / Use limited colour range (16-235)

You'll need to switch your "Settings level" to "Expert" for that option to appear. You'll find the "Settings level" at the bottom left of the settings screen.
The setting of your pc / xbmc should match the setting of your tv. So if the tv doesn't have a setting for color space, you should try to find out what it's set at. Usually though, it's limited.

My tv does have a setting, I set it to limited, while setting my Nvidia control panel to ybrcr444 (dunno exact name). Setting Nvidia to RGB would require the tv to be set to 'full', but I feel like my blacks still get crushed with that.

However, when Nvidia is set to that 444 setting, my XBMC should not be set at 'limited 16-235', because this introduces a gray layer over the screen. This is how my setup works, YMMV.
Note that XBMC's setting "limited range" does not work with dxva and also ruins colors for picture viewer on all platforms but Linux.
Thanks chaps. I believe the lg does have this option it is listed as black level high / low. I have set both nvida and tv to full and left the option in xbmc alone and it seems ok.

On the test pattern within xbmc I presume we adjust te tv until we can see all four circles?