Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC crash after HDMI switch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I switch from my XBMC to my PS3 XBMC crashes. I added the crash log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=325243

Thanks guys.
What does the switch? You have to explain more...what do you exactly switch, what exactly crashes....otherwise it´s like "If I turn the key for my car, it doesn´t start....help!!!"

I see, you got network problems...."21:50:37 T:140502464718592 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Couldn't resolve host name(6)"...maybe the XBMC and the PS3 have the same network IP?

If you are talking about your superrepo crashes, which are coming up in your log, I think you won´t get any support for this, because superrepo is a non supported repository.
Sorry for the lack of information. First I am running XBMC under Ubuntu on a dedicated machine. I have an auto launch of XBMC when the machine is powering up and Ubuntu up and running.

Network problems are due to the fact that I live in China right now. A lot of things work from time to time (streaming is kind of a pain), which is why I did not looked into this in the log. My PS3 does not have any internet connection by the way.

Now for the issue. I have my XBMC on HDMI1 and PS3 on HDMI2. When I switch from HDMI1 to HDMI2, XBMC (under Ubuntu) crashes (I am back on Ubuntu's desktop).

I hope this gives you more context on my issue.
2 things.

1) upgrade to 13.2, if that still doesnt fix issue try

2) try also to rename .xbmc temporarily and see if issue persists you have a lot of addons installed that maybe is interfering

if neither 1) nor 2) fix this, try a v14 nightly after doing 2) That has SDL dropped and maybe handles this better. The reason why I say try nightly is because even if this is a bug it wont be fixed in v13.x
Extract the edid of the TV and configure Ubuntu to use that - it will think the TV is always connected.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Creating_and_using..._xorg.conf
@uNiversal thanks I will try this during the weekend. I guess I need to make some serious cleaning of my add ons Wink

@teeedubb if the first solution does not work, I will try this.

Thanks guys, I will let you know this week end.
Give it a try with this script:
Quote:08:21:20 T:140503563605760 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired:

removed.