Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Looking for a Frame Packed MPlayer from South America!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi
I live in Argentina, South America.
I´m a big fan of media players since old SD Lacie Silverscreen more than 10 years ago...
now I´m searching for a 3d ISO media player with HD passthrough..also youtube support ( I sold a micca ep600 because of no youtube support and turtle like slow interface)

I have tons of normal full hd mkvs and some 3d bluray ISOs

Also, I have no chance to buy a media player, receive it, test it and send it back if it doesn´t meet my expectations, Any purchase process it´s a long and painful journey... buy it, wait for a friend o eventually me to travel to USA, bring it here, pay 50% customs duties.... and then, if it doesn´t work.... ebay it ( locally) recover the money and star the research again... usually the process takes 3 or 4 months... so i decide to ask for help here!!

I have no problems to spend 100 to 180 ( from basic android box, passing through some chromebox ...ending on a celeron nuc, in the price scale)
But i´m beg for an advice! I have not problem of installing openelec or something on a chromebox or any challenge that this journey demands !

I saw, in this days research

Vidon box ( almost not yet widely released and read of no real 3d frame packed support yet)
some new realtek 1195 players ( eweat 902)
Xiaomi box..
minix neo 8 h and upcoming z64 (baytrail based)

My equipment:
Panasonic AE8000 Projector
Onkyo 636 Atmos ready receiver ( in my christmas travel to USA)
JBL S speakers

thanks in advance to everyone here, and guys, sorry for my english...even if i try to correct every word...I now grammar´s not always correct!
Hello and grettings from Ecuador, your english is just fine.
One of the good features of XBMC is the addons support, and there is a good youtube addon so youtube is covered.
Now about the 3d ISO's, android boxes and even a celeron NUC/Chromebox won't be sufficiently powerfull, you should get a core i3 machine minimum and as you seem to want a small form factor machine then your budge of $100-$180 won't be enough. HOPEFULLY with some luck prices drop enough for some NUCs in Black Friday, that is your chance.

Give an example of the size of your 3d ISO's to make sure.
Hi, Verónica.
Thanks for your quick response!
They´re Full ISO, like 30 to 40 gb, i have 3 or 4 ISOs against 400 HD regular mkv movies, but I purchased a Full HD 3D projector and i wanna take advantage of full frame 3d (I mean frame packed) from ISOs
I use to play 3d ISOs with Micca ep600g2 (Realtek 1186 based) with no problem...it´s a shame that more powerful hardware like cortex quad cores and haswell nucs wont...
Are you shure that openelec and XMBC on a chromebox wont work?
thanks again!
Hernán
As far as I know XBMC cannot play 3D ISOs, so you may have to setup an external player for that.
(2014-10-24, 04:57)lrusak Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know XBMC cannot play 3D ISOs, so you may have to setup an external player for that.

You're right. "Gotham, like Frodo, can only play 3D bluray .iso's in 2D since the ffmpeg library xbmc uses for decoding video and audio lacks support for the MVC format that is used by 3D bluray's"

TotalMedia Theater software can for example. An alternative would be to convert those to a supported video format as they are not many.

@herhelman read this, you'll know what video formats are supported by XBMC/Kodi and if you scroll down to the bottom you'll see:

"Hardware acceleration is not provided for full SBS or full TAB movies, meaning users will need playback hardware with adequate CPU power."
So, if the idea is a player with 3d iso and HD passthrough, I think i will have to go for a realtek 1186 or 1195 player even with a slow interface and buggy firmwares...and probably a short lifespan support...(micca disappear 2 month after I bought the ep600 g2 with ultra high rate on amazon) also youtube changes 1 time a year at least some " I don´t know what" that makes devices with no support or firmware updates to stop playing youtube videos (for my kids, I don´t need it)
XBMC is nice, but if a have to go for a i3 ( assuming it has the adequate power to manage 3d iso without hardware acceleration) i will end up spending 300...
thanks to everyone... still open to suggestions !!
Quote:Vidon box ( almost not yet widely released and read of no real 3d frame packed support yet)
VidOn Box indeed supports frame packed 3D blu-ray iso, see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1820993
And VidOn Box also supports DTS HD MA 7.1. See here: http://forum.vidon.me/index.php?/topic/6...#entry7617

Here is a video to show you the 3D playback of VidOn Box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omZQrW6G1xg
So, when will be the next available batch?
thanks wolly!
(2014-10-25, 15:23)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: [ -> ]VidOn Box indeed supports frame packed 3D blu-ray iso, see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1820993
And VidOn Box also supports DTS HD MA 7.1. See here: http://forum.vidon.me/index.php?/topic/6...#entry7617

Here is a video to show you the 3D playback of VidOn Box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omZQrW6G1xg

Presumably the Vidon.me box doesn't support 3D Blu-ray within XBMC though and instead uses an external player - as otherwise, under GPL, the revised XBMC code would have been released?
Correct.
So what does that have to do with XBMC/Kodi then? This is a XBMC/Kodi forum after all.

That's like going into a Ferrari dealership and having a guy in the corner keep saying four-wheel drive works if you use a Audi.

Please stop promoting external third-party players as solutions on the XBMC/Kodi forums!

@VidOn.me-Wolly, as a VidOn.me employee you should get banned for doing so.
(2014-10-27, 16:39)Hedda Wrote: [ -> ]So what does that have to do with XBMC/Kodi then? This is a XBMC/Kodi forum after all.

That's like going into a Ferrari dealership and having a guy in the corner keep saying four-wheel drive works if you use a Audi.

Please stop promoting external third-party players as solutions on the XBMC/Kodi forums!

I dont see the Problem with this. You are in the hardware forum. People are saying which hardware will play 3d be it external player or not. If you were under general Help that is one thing but to be under hardware where the talk is usually specific points I think it should be noted what hardware players have an external 3d player
(2014-10-27, 18:10)halfelite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-27, 16:39)Hedda Wrote: [ -> ]So what does that have to do with XBMC/Kodi then? This is a XBMC/Kodi forum after all.

I dont see the Problem with this. You are in the hardware forum. People are saying which hardware will play 3d be it external player or not. If you were under general Help that is one thing but to be under hardware where the talk is usually specific points I think it should be noted what hardware players have an external 3d player

Having a username associated with a commercial product is not allowed.
As herhelman has mentioned VidOn Box in his first post and he wants a frame packed supported Box with HD passthrough which can play his 3D Blu-ray iso, and I think VidOn Box can do this job, and this is a hardware forum, so I'm in. Smile

I'm the staff of VidOn.me, I think it's better to let people know this, I don't want to pretend to be a normal user like some of others in this forum.

If the username is not allowed, I'm OK to change it.
(2014-10-27, 18:10)halfelite Wrote: [ -> ]

The problem is that this is not a general hardware forum here, there is only this "Hardware for Kodi" subforum as the title says, and we are in the XBMC/Kodi community forums.

Please take notice of the "for Kodi" part in that title, which means it this is not a forum for Hardware for MediaPortal, Hardware for MythTV, or Hardware for VidOn.me non-XBMC media player software.

So when someone in this "Hardware for Kodi" forum just says their hardware can play MVC today without explicitly adding a disclaimer that they mean that it only does so with a third-party non-XBMC media player software, then people should be safe to assume they means that XBMC can play MVC or output frame packed on their hardware, not a separate third-party media player.

And my real problem with this is that this should go double when the person saying is is an employee of that hardware manufacturer of the media player they are promoting here as VidOn.me-Wolly clearly are, and he is only here to solicit buyers of their hardware, not caring if those buyers are here on the XBMC forum looking for support on hardware that supports XBMC, not a separate third-party media player software.

To me it is NOT OK for staff of a hardware manufacturer to try to solicit buyers by promoting features and functions that are not available in XBMC/Kodi and instead are only available in other non-XBMC/Kodi third-party media player software. And it should really not OK for staff of a hardware manufacturer to try to solicit buyers at all, especially not if it is not in a thread dedicated to the discussion about their media player hardware and only their media player hardware, and again even then it is NOT OK to promote features only available in other non-XBMC/Kodi third-party media player software to try to solicit buyers.

If you want to promote hardware features that only works with third-party media players then please go to http://www.avsforum.com or https://www.avforums.com or similar sites instead, there you can post about all kinds of third-party media player software to your hearts content.

(2014-10-28, 11:33)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: [ -> ]As herhelman has mentioned VidOn Box in his first post and he wants a frame packed supported Box with HD passthrough which can play his 3D Blu-ray iso, and I think VidOn Box can do this job, and this is a hardware forum, so I'm in. Smile

I'm the staff of VidOn.me, I think it's better to let people know this, I don't want to pretend to be a normal user like some of others in this forum.
Here is another thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=207289 where VidOn media player was definitely not mentioned before VidOn.me-Wolly began promoting it to try to solicit another buyer.

Posts like those from staff of VidOn.me in a thread not about your player hardware can only be classified as spam!
Pages: 1 2