Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Exported library will not populate artwork.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had to perform a clean install of Kodi after reformatting my computers hard drive. Before doing so I exported my library (separate .nfo files) and when I attempt to re-add my movies to Kodi (same hard drive location as before) it is not populating the artwork I specifically designated and have saved in a fanart folder (again same location). When the newly added movies are added to the library and scraped, it does not acknowledge or use the .nfo files that are stored locally in the same directory of the movie files. I tried both the MovieDB and Universal scrapper and also tried the local only option as well without success. I hope I am over looking something simple, I just can't figure it out. From my understanding when I add my movie files and scrape them into the library the specific posters and fanart that I have chosen should just populate. I have spent several days making posters, selecting specific posters, clear logos and artwork for a 1200 movie library and can't bare the thought of going through that all over again. Please help.
1. You would need the "nfo only" option
2. I am not sure if a fanart subfolder is supported. Have a look into the wiki to know how those files have to be called (<moviename>.png and so on - i have no access to the wiki from here to look it up).
As previously stated the .nfo only option has been tried. Additionally I attempted to rollback to Gotham to see if that resulted in any change. I will load a .nfo file for review to see if anyone can identify the problem. Is there anything else I can do to help facilitate a resolution?
Debug log (wiki) needed. Regardless of the scraper option chosen, local .nfo files are always used if detected.
I hope I'm doing this right.

Kodi Log

.nfo File
Ok just to be sure you have this correct:
This is my setup that works in the Set content menu:

> Movies - Current Scraper .nfo
> Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title - Select
> Scan recursively - deselect
> Selected folder contains a single video - deselect
> Exclude path from library updates - whatever you want
I do not have my movies in a separate folder for each title. All of my movies are in one folder named movies.
Ok, keep your current movie scraper as local .nfo

Now go to Sytem > Settings > Video > Library > Import Video library

or have you tried that already ?
That option is only meant for s single file import. Every thread I've read states that a separate .nfo file import should happen automatically when scrapping the library. I finally just went through and re did everything so I suppose the mystery will never be solved. Does anyone know of a better way to back and save Fanart, Posters and Clear logos? I want to make sure this never happens again.
Its likely some exotic addon causing the trouble....

As for media management I have just been through this recently on OSX.
Tools used once I export my Library into seperate files in one single big folder:

Big Mean Folder Machine 2 to Setup correctly named folders and corresponding Metadata within them, and then
ViMediaManager to scrape any missing Metadata and automatically scan any new media files and put them into correctly named folders.

After enduring pain for years with XBMC Media because I had everyhing in one folder, I've learnt my lesson and now swear by an external media manager to scrape and organise.

Pull the trigger now and do it !
Thank you very much for the information. These programs look promising. Once I run Big Mean Folder Machine won't XBMC loose the movies location and in turn rescrape the library resulting in my throwing of something expensive? I do not want to rebuild this thing again... Can I i run the media manager first and import the existing .nfo files? How would you go about this?
Yes you will lose the location, but because you already have the .nfo, posters and coverart files. Scraping everything back in once properly setup is pretty quick. You wont have issues like before.
It will be much much quicker than using one of the internet scrapers.

I even found a very unexpected speedy surprise recently when scraping which you can read about here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1822044

If your running Yosemite, a handy batch file renaming function has been added too. In OSX Finder if you command click to highlight two or more files and then right click - in the menu that pops up you will find "Rename xx items..."
This is very handy as you may need to batch rename files into uniform names before the BMFM organises them.
eg.
Fight.Club.1998.BluRay.mkv
Frozen.2013.DVDrip.mkv
Big.Blue.1998.WEB-DL.mkv

In the above example your big fat folder would currently have:
Fight.Club.1998.BluRay.mkv
Fight.Club.1998.BluRay-poster.jpg
Fight.Club.1998.BluRay-fanart.jpg
Fight.Club.1998.BluRay.nfo

This gets change into a folder - Fight.Club.1998 by the BMFM containing the other three files.
This is the preferred folder structure for XBMC.

If you run ViMediaManager first the only thing that will happen is Fight.Club.1998 will be put into its own directory without the supporting files, and a slow internet re-scrape will then have to happen again. Undecided

I will post the steps to run the BMFM properly if you do go down this path.

The other media manager I'm playing around with is called MediaElch, which appears even more powerful again....