Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New Metropolis user with 3 Feature Requests!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am just blown away by how awesome Metropolis skin is. It's very Sleek,Sexy and elegant design if I do say so myself Smile

But there are a few things either missing or I just can not figure out how to do.

1. How do you bring up the option to put a playing file in repeat mode?

2. When going back and forth from Movie folder to TV Show folder how do you get each folder to display each Movie or TV Show episode from the beginning of the list when reentering each folder? In my case it's order by Date Added.

The way it currently is if you skip for example 10 Movies in the Movie folder when you go into the TV Show Folder it was also skipped 10 episodes. I would like the Movie and TV Show folders to be separate from each other. Basically I would like the latest Movie and TV Show that was added to always be selected when entering either folder.

3. There seems to be no way to use "view type" setting unless you "Set Content" for the given folder.

Any chance you could allow to use 'View Type" settings on any folder even if "Set Content" is not used? I would also like to use "View Type" setting on my "Favorites List" if at all possible.

Except for the "Favorite List" Not being able to use "View Type" settings most other skins including the default "Confluence" already can do my 3 requests.

Other then those small requests Metropolis skin is just about perfect for my needs! Smile

Keep up the great work!
I also can not change "view type" for folders in the Add On's either.

Like IGN and Revision3 for example.

Would be great if you could add this also Smile

Thanks
It's because there is only the one View Type for addons and content that is not in a library.

edit: As for #2, if you put your content into the library, you will get this.

As for being able to repeat a currently-playing file, yeah, the button isn't on the main menu. But if you tab out and then press m, you can choose repeat there.
(2014-10-30, 17:45)jingai Wrote: [ -> ]It's because there is only the one View Type for addons and content that is not in a library.

edit: As for #2, if you put your content into the library, you will get this.

And what about repeat mode option for playing files?

Also will you be adding View Type setting for Add on''s?

And how do you add content to the library as I never needed to do that with some other skins like the default Confluence for example which already does all my requests.

Metropolis is so close to being predict for my needs and if all the above can be done I would be so happy Smile

Thanks
(2014-10-30, 17:58)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]And what about repeat option?

To repeat a currently-playing file, yeah, the button isn't on the main menu while watching it. But if you tab out and then press m, you can choose repeat there.

(2014-10-30, 17:58)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]Also will you be adding View Type setting for Add on''s?

The problem is most of them (besides straight List or Icon types) don't make sense for all addons, always. I'd have to determine precisely the type of content and assume the addon only has one type of content for most of the views. They would also have to set posters and fanart and various other things to make them all look right.

The view types that are allowed for each library are what works for all of the content for that given library.

(2014-10-30, 17:58)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]And how do you add content to the library as I never needed to do that with some other skins like the default Confluence for example.

You don't technically need to in Metropolis either, but you're missing out on a lot of what Kodi does if you don't. You need to Set Content on your sources and then scan them into the library, both via the context menu of the sources themselves.
(2014-10-30, 18:06)jingai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-30, 17:58)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]Also will you be adding View Type setting for Add on''s?

The problem is most of them (besides straight List or Icon types) don't make sense for all addons, always. I'd have to determine precisely the type of content and assume the addon only has one type of content for most of the views. They would also have to set posters and fanart and various other things to make them all look right.

The view types that are allowed for each library are what works for all of the content for that given library.
Think in the most used! youtube addon :-D
Only Icon and List type views make sense for addons generally. Most of the other 'interesting' views in Metropolis are very specialized, for TV Shows or Movies.
(2014-10-24, 19:02)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]I am just blown away by how awesome Metropolis skin is. It's very Sleek,Sexy and elegant design if I do say so myself Smile

But there are a few things either missing or I just can not figure out how to do.

1. How do you bring up the option to put a playing file in repeat mode?

2. When going back and forth from Movie folder to TV Show folder how do you get each folder to display each Movie or TV Show episode from the beginning of the list when reentering each folder? In my case it's order by Date Added.

The way it currently is if you skip for example 10 Movies in the Movie folder when you go into the TV Show Folder it was also skipped 10 episodes. I would like the Movie and TV Show folders to be separate from each other. Basically I would like the latest Movie and TV Show that was added to always be selected when entering either folder.

3. There seems to be no way to use "view type" setting unless you "Set Content" for the given folder.

Any chance you could allow to use 'View Type" settings on any folder even if "Set Content" is not used? I would also like to use "View Type" setting on my "Favorites List" if at all possible.

Except for the "Favorite List" Not being able to use "View Type" settings most other skins including the default "Confluence" already can do my 3 requests.

Other then those small requests Metropolis skin is just about perfect for my needs! Smile

Keep up the great work!

On #3) "Set Content" is just another way of saying, use the library database. This is pretty much a Kodi thing. Kodi a long time ago decided to make the File mode look like library mode and now people don't see the difference, but there are lots. If Jingai allows different views with non-library content you are going to see just how much information objects that aren't in the library database really don't have. Every piece of onscreen data would have to have conditionals for library mode or not, or end up displaying "null" or "0" or "empty". A lot of code for things a lot of people don't always use.

I personally use a lot of non library content too (documentaries, home movies, things not in TMDB), but Kodi devs don't, and so they don't always understand our frustrations. Rather than rewrite most of the views to show some sort of partial sub-standard views, it looks like he has just kept it simple. I don't blame him.
Hell I'm still hoping a dev allows "File" mode to disregard "Watched, Unwatched, All Videos" status and just display a WYSIWYG mode, but like I said, they don't use things not added to the library it seems so they don't always understand our requests or prioritize them really high.

On #2) That's just Kodi, if you're on object #12 in TV Shows, when opening Recent Movies, you will be jumped to whatever object is in position #12 in that list. It annoys me too, just not enough to try to get a dev to fix it, but I checked, Confluence does this too. It's not just a Metropolis thing.

On #1) In fairness you don't easily do it in Confluence, you have to exit to the video select view while playing a video, then pull up the left slideout menu, then you can select repeat. Might be nice as a button on the menu bar, if it didn't kill the look and enough people wanted it.
Hi again Smile

99.9% of the time I use my Microsoft remote with no keyboard in sight so pressing the M key on the keyboard is not really an option for me. If there is any chance at all you can add a "Repeat" button next to the other buttons like Play and Pause that would be fantastic. There are actually a few other skins like ACE that do have a "Repeat" button where the play and pause buttons are.

Also I actually just figured out that if I use a different "view type" for the Movies and TV Show folders both of these folders will start from the beginning of the list when entering them always now Smile It's only when you use the same "view type" for each folder is when they will move in sync. I guess this is something that the Kodi developers would need to change?

Also I know you explained why you did not add all the "View Types" for the add on's but I noticed a small issue with the Tekzilla Show from the Revision3 add on. For some reason there is no "View Type" setting for Revision3 in Metropolis that will allow you to see the "Episode Number and Air Date". Is there anyway you could add a new "View Type" so I can view for example "Episode 532 Aired 11/03/2014" next to each highlighted Episode?

Also if at all possible can you add for example "Forward" font/text at the top middle between the "Time" on the left and "Playing" on the right when the forward button is selected on the menu bar and same with the rest of the buttons? It would help in identifying what each button is.

Thanks and Metropolis really is a work of art it just has a few short comings Smile
(2014-11-05, 19:52)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]99.9% of the time I use my Microsoft remote with no keyboard in sight so pressing the M key on the keyboard is not really an option for me. If there is any chance at all you can add a "Repeat" button next to the other buttons like Play and Pause that would be fantastic. There are actually a few other skins like ACE that do have a "Repeat" button where the play and pause buttons are.

By "M" key, I mean whatever you have mapped to "Menu". If you don't have a button mapped to Menu on your remote, you're gonna have a bad time Wink

Added your request for a Repeat button to the issues on github though: https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/issues/257

(2014-11-05, 19:52)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]Also I know you explained why you did not add all the "View Types" for the add on's but I noticed a small issue with the Tekzilla Show from the Revision3 add on. For some reason there is no "View Type" setting for Revision3 in Metropolis that will allow you to see the "Episode Number and Air Date". Is there anyway you could add a new "View Type" so I can view for example "Episode 532 Aired 11/03/2014" next to each highlighted Episode?

https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/issues/258

(2014-11-05, 19:52)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]Also if at all possible can you add for example "Forward" font/text at the top middle between the "Time" on the left and "Playing" on the right when the forward button is selected on the menu bar and same with the rest of the buttons? It would help in identifying what each button is.

https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/issues/259
(2014-11-17, 16:55)jingai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-05, 19:52)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]99.9% of the time I use my Microsoft remote with no keyboard in sight so pressing the M key on the keyboard is not really an option for me. If there is any chance at all you can add a "Repeat" button next to the other buttons like Play and Pause that would be fantastic. There are actually a few other skins like ACE that do have a "Repeat" button where the play and pause buttons are.

By "M" key, I mean whatever you have mapped to "Menu". If you don't have a button mapped to Menu on your remote, you're gonna have a bad time Wink

Added your request for a Repeat button to the issues on github though: https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/issues/257

(2014-11-05, 19:52)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]Also I know you explained why you did not add all the "View Types" for the add on's but I noticed a small issue with the Tekzilla Show from the Revision3 add on. For some reason there is no "View Type" setting for Revision3 in Metropolis that will allow you to see the "Episode Number and Air Date". Is there anyway you could add a new "View Type" so I can view for example "Episode 532 Aired 11/03/2014" next to each highlighted Episode?

https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/issues/258

(2014-11-05, 19:52)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]Also if at all possible can you add for example "Forward" font/text at the top middle between the "Time" on the left and "Playing" on the right when the forward button is selected on the menu bar and same with the rest of the buttons? It would help in identifying what each button is.

https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/issues/259

Awesome Smile

Again thanks so much!
Hi,

I am sure you were already planning this anyway but I wanted to remind you that when you do add the Repeat button also please add the repeat button to the "Default OSD button" setting as well.

Thanks again.
(2014-11-18, 16:22)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]I am sure you were already planning this anyway but I wanted to remind you that when you do add the Repeat button also please add the repeat button to the "Default OSD button" setting as well.

It isn't one button, so that's actually a bit difficult. Since it's a tri-state button (repeat all, one, none), it's implemented as two separate buttons.
(2014-11-18, 16:24)jingai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-18, 16:22)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]I am sure you were already planning this anyway but I wanted to remind you that when you do add the Repeat button also please add the repeat button to the "Default OSD button" setting as well.

It isn't one button, so that's actually a bit difficult. Since it's a tri-state button (repeat all, one, none), it's implemented as two separate buttons.

I did not realize that but I can totally see why that would make it a lot more difficult.

Thanks for the info.
Managed to implement it as a single button. It'll be selectable as a default button.
Pages: 1 2