Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: cant get xbmc fullscreen when connected to tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a surface pro and connected to my tv via hdmi. xbmc worked great. Recently upgraded to a surface pro 3 and now Im having issues. Xbmc works great on the tablet but when I connect to the tv it only takes up a quarter of the screen on the top left. It is in full screen mode. I tried putting it in windowed mode but hate seeing the task bar. I tried changing the resolution of the tablet to 1080 and then connect to tv but that didnt work either.
no sure how the SPs work, but if I had that problem on the PC i would 1st check the settings in XBMC/Kodi OFC, then try a ALT/ENTER
I had the same issue. I had to set the SP3 to extend the desktop across the two screens. Then I set Kodi's resolution to 1080p on the SP3, put it into windowed mode, and dragged the Kodi window onto my TV screen. Once it was on the TV screen, I was able to put it back into full screen mode. This automatically changed the settings to be full screen on screen 2 in 1080p. Now, when my SP3 isn't plugged in it works in full screen on the Surface, and when plugged in it defaults to the TV.

Let me know if this helps!