Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sort by release date? like in plex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So plex have had this feature for some time, to sort by release date

I think thats much better compared to recently added.

And if i remember some time ago, it was changed from released to recently added. When i scan my entire library (if something happens) then random old videos can show as recently added.

Is there a way to fix this with smart playlists or something?
Release date and recently added are not comparable. It's nice to have recently added for new additions to a collection.

However release date would be a welcomed addition.
Sort by "Year" will do this. Works for both movies and TV shows. That's actually how I sort my TV shows normally.
Sorry for the late bump, but I was just searching to see if this was supported

(2014-10-25, 07:41)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Sort by "Year" will do this. Works for both movies and TV shows. That's actually how I sort my TV shows normally.

Unfortunately all titles are sorted alphabetically within that year, rather than by actual release date

Is the release date part of the information scrapped, or just the year?
Currently, only the year is used and not the full release date. I think there was a request to use the full date, but I'm not sure if anyone plans to implemented it yet.
is this possible with krypton now? i read somewhere that kodi stores releasedate now, but i still dont see it in sort options