Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to Unmark partial played movie as being watched?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A little annoying issue which kinds of drives me crazy is that some times when watching a film which might have a extensive long credentials you might, as most people do, skip this part and make a full stop of the film. Problem is that Kodi then sometimes marks the film as being partial played and there is no way to reset this with for example using W to set the film either Watched or UnWatched.

Is there any way to get around above little issue; if not this would be a feature request that command W overrides also the indication when a film is marked as partial watched.
Skip through the film so it gets a full watched icon then reset as unwatched.
Ok, agree that this would work as well; but it's a workaround and not a proper solution :-)
Or (what I do) Bring up context menu > Select mark unwatched Then start the movie and stop it immediately. Now movie is marked unwatched.

The same is true for marking watched when you already have a in progress marker on, just substitute the context menu action and there you have it.

TBH its silly that it does that but no one is willing to look at that back when and iirc its been brought up a few times. It sure would make sense if marking it as watched/unwatched would just do what it says on the tin irrespective of the in progress status.

There is no proper solution unless you can fix that in source code yourself though, so only workarounds for time being.
From a brief look at the code it already "should" nuke resumepoints when marking as watched. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ob.cpp#L97
(2014-10-25, 11:36)mkortstiege Wrote: [ -> ]From a brief look at the code it already "should" nuke resumepoints when marking as watched. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ob.cpp#L97

Last time I checked, much like the op describes, and Im in current master, when a movie has the resume/inprogress icon, marking it watched/unwatched (via context menu) does nothing/has no effect, unless you specifically start the playback and immediately stop it after that marking watched/unwatched. Try it, you will see.
I think there was a setting somewhere where you can select how many % the movie is watched, if you put this to 95%, the movie will only mark as watched when you actualy finish it.
(2014-10-26, 02:00)boerkeboel Wrote: [ -> ]I think there was a setting somewhere where you can select how many % the movie is watched, if you put this to 95%, the movie will only mark as watched when you actualy finish it.

Yep, this is explained in the link Hitcher provided above, HOW-TO:Modify automatic watch and resume points (wiki)
None of those settings actually help the issue that once the resume mark is up you cant reset it to watched/unwatched without some clumsy workaround.
(2014-10-26, 16:06)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]None of those settings actually help the issue that once the resume mark is up you cant reset it to watched/unwatched without some clumsy workaround.

Correct. That is a bug, and I'll file it on trac in a moment. However, it is the solution to OP's original question.
@menakite

Great Smile thx, from my part.