Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: software caused connection abort
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
have 4 sources setup to different smb shares. fairly often, I get the software caused connection abort message
the only way to get rid of it is to exit xbmc, and restart, after a restart, it works fine.

sometimes I'll get a second error, could not connect to network server...

running ubuntu 14.04, with gotham 13.2

from the log...
PHP Code:
10:16:58 T:140011823421184   ERRORSMBDirectory->GetDirectoryUnable to open directory 'smb://[email protected]/all%20files/Older%20Downloads/TV'

unix_err:'67' error 'Software caused connection abort'
10:16:59 T:140013396056000   ERRORGetDirectory Error getting smb://server,my/all files/Older Downloads/TV/
10:16:59 T:140013396056000   ERRORCGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(smb://server.my/all files/Older Downloads/TV/) failed 

but I can close xbmc and it works as soon as it restarts. I can also access the server from other pc's, so I'm pretty sure the server is working ok.

at the same time, there are 2 other shares, on the same server that I can access fine.

oh yeah, connection is wired, no wireless
Hmmm...I'm not sure, but I ran into similar problems long time ago as I got IP adress conflicts. My TV has got the same IP as my XBMC client. If I rebooted XBMC it works fine...maybe anything like that happens to your system, too.
no IP address conflicts here, My TV don't even have a IP.
Please post whole logs using pastebin.