Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Torrent-Controller (Script) for Azureus, Vuze, and ABC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Alright. I got past yesterday's issue.

I have it loading up and displaying the torrent list from uTorrent.

There are a few things left to do.

1. Make it create the config properly. The functionality is there, but it isn't creating the settings xml file if it doesn't already exist. If its already there, it works fine.

2. Its built for use with the XBox controller only. I'd like to make it so you can use up/down keys on a remote or keyboard and use the info button etc..

3. Making a 720p skin

I'm a developer but have zero python experience. Does anybody want to help me out with this one?
how did you got it to load?
can someone write a step-to-step guide to get it to work with uTorrent ? I think Im kind of confused...
kareem613:
how did you fix the paths??

up/down/left/right should work using the keyboard, and the info. button on keyboard could be the 'i' key. 'A' should be the 'enter' key.

arias:
for others, maybe you as well, you need to have a webui.zip file in the application folder. this file is available here in the first post: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=14565

rename it to webui.zip

for xp, click start, run, then type "%appdata/utorrent/"
for vista, click start, type "%appdata/utorrent/" in the search bar
now place the webui.zip file into the folder, but don't extract it.

when in utorrent, press "Control" and "P" to bring up the Preferences menu.

on the left, there should be a "Web UI" option, click it, then make sure the "Enable Web UI" checkbox is checked.

set your username and password to your liking

changing the port is optional, which i believe can be changed in torrent-x thru its configuration as well.

go to the control panel, open "Network Connections" then find the IP address of the computer. if you're behind a router, at this point, you'd only be able to access this within the network, not from a remote location. you'd have to look into how to set that up, since there's so many variations on how this is done between both companies and products.

to check that it's running, with your IP address from above, port number (8080, unless you changed it), your username and password, open the webpage thru a web browser:
Code:
http://youripaddress:port/gui/
and enter the username and password in the appropriate boxes.

now, in torrent-x, find the configuration settings for the script, and input this information into the appropriate fields.
kareem613 Wrote:Alright. I got past yesterday's issue.

I have it loading up and displaying the torrent list from uTorrent.

There are a few things left to do.

1. Make it create the config properly. The functionality is there, but it isn't creating the settings xml file if it doesn't already exist. If its already there, it works fine.

2. Its built for use with the XBox controller only. I'd like to make it so you can use up/down keys on a remote or keyboard and use the info button etc..

3. Making a 720p skin

I'm a developer but have zero python experience. Does anybody want to help me out with this one?

kareem.. How did you do that?? I mean getting past the issues. I am getting the exact same problem
I have nowhere to put the files to share and I'm leaving town for 2 weeks. When I get back I'll share them somehow.

All I did was change the paths it was point to, to the appropriate locations. It was assuming path structures based on an older XBMC I suppose.

I only messed with the top section of the file where it declares the locations of everything.
I tried fooling around with Torrent-X to get it working, and it does seems to work for me. Can some of you try it out as well, and post your results here? I also fixed some location references that probably would have prevented this from running across the different XBMC platforms, or at least prevent images from being displayed. I don't know enough to add the ability to get the keyboard to work... sorry.

http://www.leknifragonline.net/RunXM/Torrent-X.zip

kareem, didn't mean to step on your feet here. I didn't see your response until after I tinkered around with the script on my own.
I will try it today and I will let you know
i downloaded and installed the file above and it works with XBMC build 01-25-2009. i use windows XP, Azureus 2.5.0.4., XML over HTTP v1.1, and MC360.

question... i can view my downloads/uploads, but am i supposed to be able to select individual torrents in the download window and start/stop/pause them? i can only select the tabs at the top of the page. i push down on the d-pad, but i can't select the torrents.

thanks!
d-pad on your keyboard, i'm assuming?

it's my understanding that this script was built for the xbox and it's controls. unfortunately, i'm not familiar enough with the coding to manipulate it to allow the control of the script with either an xbox controller or a computer keyboard in a way that will not break the script.
yes, i only use a controller.

also, i just notices that the stop/start/pause/resume all torrents doesn't work either. i get an error,

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Q:\scripts\Torrent-X\controllers\Azureus\controller.py", line 741, in ConfigMenu
Response = self.XmlHttp(Object,Options[Answer][1],Options[Answer][2])
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'Object' referenced before assignment

maybe you can look into it.?
Hi,
I downloaded and tried Calvin's files, at least I can launch the script now, but it doesn't work like it used to...

I'd be happy to help with testing (on my new version of XBMC) and take some screenshots etc of it running on my old version of XBMC. Wish I knew a bit more about python, but I don't :S
Hi All,

Im the original developer although I have left this for some time due to work commitments. I am currently looking into converting them into auto updateable plugins (Hopefully!) once I've learnt how to do it properly.

After so long I cant even understand my own code, so a re-write is probably a good thing. I think Torrent-X was far too complex trying to be so many things for so many people so breaking it down may be better.
great to hear about an update! i look forward to the new release.
Hopefully I will have a release in the next couple of days. Im trying to get all the functionality that the old version had.

Currently all navigation and control is working. Just got to add the ability to view and modify individual files within the torrents, then I will be happy with it for a first release.

Im currently testing on Babylon (I think!) version of XBMC.

Pre-requisits:
xmloverhttp (Same as before)
username and password for xmloverhttp plugin has to be setup.

Watch this space...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12