Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC .strm collection started on code.google.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hey everybody,

This is a continuation of the popular XBMC-TV .STRM Pack (see this link for history of the project).

I just started a new project on code.google.com called xbmc-strm-collection, which is a collection of broadband (200k+) LIVE video streams that are tested and ready to use for XBMC. The project resource can be found here:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-strm-collection/

Right now you will find around 60 working and tested channels in .strm format from 11 countries. Not much, but I just started and I will be continuing to extend and to keep this collection up-to-date. The project SVN trunk can be viewed here:

http://xbmc-strm-collection.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

If you feel that any country / channel is missing, feel free to PM me on this board or via the email found on project page. If any channel seems broken, plz PM me aswell.

If you want more information on the project I also started a project blog ( http://xbmc-streams.blogspot.com/ ) in which I will regularly post updates on the project (e.g. major channel updates or development updates). Right now you will find a basic project description in there and a basic tutorial on how to get those valuable .strm files to your XBOX.

Future planning goes as far as to write a XBMC python script which will use the project's database as source for streaming video channels (similar to WorldTV but with a more actual database).

Of course such a project cannot be maintained by one person alone. If you want to team up with me, just go ahead and write me a PM in which you describe how you want to contribute to the project. I am looking forward to make contact with you.

Any input on the project is welcome!

Have fun with your XBMC!

/ akaigotchi
http://www.op9.net/tag/xbmc-tv
awesome!
Hey guys,

there has been a major update on the project last night. Chi3f from the XBMC skinning project XTV has donated folder icons with each country's flag on it (ONCE AGAIN A BIG THANK YOU!!!!), so that if you change your folder view to "big icons" you will be seeing those wonderfully designed country flags. If you want to have a glimpse on what they look like and want to have further information on that topic visit http://xbmc-streams.blogspot.com.

Also I'd like to welcome a new team member to xbmc-strm-collection: mike315 from xbox-scene forums. He will be taking care of the newly founded webcam section within the collection. I am curious to see to which corners of the world he will be taking us Wink

So that's all for now. Try to check back here or the project blog on http://xbmc-streams.blogspot.com as often as possible as things are developing really fast Still, if you like to join the team just post me a PM. I will be happy to hear from you.

Cheers
akaigotchi

PS: A major channel update is planned for tomorrow night, so stay tuned....
a thing to do (but I don't have the time) is to develop a pythonscript, to browse the SVN directly from the xbox, no need to download anything and it is always up to date.
Cool... Big Grin You don't have Spain country. I have translated some spanish stream channel to .strm format so i can send them to you if you like. By the way, tv4all.com have a lot of stream channel... Wink

Oh, and i would like to get Disney Channel (at least on english, better on spanish, the best the Spain edition Big Grin) on my XBox... Rolleyes
blittan Wrote:a thing to do (but I don't have the time) is to develop a pythonscript, to browse the SVN directly from the xbox, no need to download anything and it is always up to date.

Hey blittan,

I already had this idea and it will surely be done while the project matures. I could also think of a integration of the content to XBMC similar to the integration of Shoutcast content in the "My music" section, so that you don't have to open a separate script for that. Maybe somebody from the development team reads this and likes to post me a PM on this, so we can discuss this topic... If there's no chance for doing that I think the script will be due to be released in the first week of march (if I don't have unexpected events in my schedule Wink ).

akaigotchi
El Piranna Wrote:Cool... You don't have Spain country. I have translated some spanish stream channel to .strm format so i can send them to you if you like. By the way, tv4all.com have a lot of stream channel...

Oh, and i would like to get Disney Channel (at least on english, better on spanish, the best the Spain edition Big Grin) on my XBox...

Hey El Piranna,

Thank you for your offer Smile Sure, just go ahead and send me these .strm files. You will find a PM in your inbox with my email in it. I will also check out tv4all.com Smile (didn't know that site before).

As far as Disney channel is concerned I will be keeping my eyes open. There is a french channel out there (English language) that is named "Disney Channel Web" but actually all I've ever seen streaming on there (checked on various occasions) was an extensive interview with the cast of Alladin. If there is a decent Disney channel stream out there I will surely include it Smile

Cheers

akaigotchi
akaigotchi Wrote:Hey blittan,

I already had this idea and it will surely be done while the project matures. I could also think of a integration of the content to XBMC similar to the integration of Shoutcast content in the "My music" section, so that you don't have to open a separate script for that. Maybe somebody from the development team reads this and likes to post me a PM on this, so we can discuss this topic... If there's no chance for doing that I think the script will be due to be released in the first week of march (if I don't have unexpected events in my schedule Wink ).

akaigotchi

Another thing with doing a script is that you can do a tweak for you.

Using SVN lib and urllib and some minor hacks you can assure that all streams are live and not dead, remove the dead ones from svn directly from within the script.
blittan Wrote:Another thing with doing a script is that you can do a tweak for you.

Using SVN lib and urllib and some minor hacks you can assure that all streams are live and not dead, remove the dead ones from svn directly from within the script.

That is a brillant idea. Big Grin I will be coding this primarily with PHP (I think I can spend some time on that during the next weekend) so that we can keep the strm-collection nice, clean and working Smile When I will get to the nitty gritty of the Python script I think it will be a piece of cake translating that functionality from PHP to Python. Currently I am thinking of monitoring the SVN with PHP (updates on a daily basis by cronjobs) and putting all SVN data into a database. Another PHP backend would then produce XML data which will be read out by the Python client. This provides the ability to store extra content like channel logos etc. in the database and bring them to the script. Having such a data backend I think it should be possible to MAYBE include this natively into XBMC... (sorry if I am dreaming too much here Wink ).

Any input on this is welcome Smile
Hey everybody,

as I promised there has been a major channel update. The new channels are from Italy, Sweden, Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States, namely we have 30 more channels inside the collection. All channels are, just as you expect it, tested and fully working in XBMC. Sometimes during testing I had so much fun watching these new channels (some of the Italian ones had full lenght blockbuster movies showing... WOW, even if I didn't understand a word Smile ) that I had to be forcely drawn off my XBOX so that I would be able to snoop for more streams on the net... Smile

So see for yourself and enjoy watching the streams from xbmc-strm-collection!

akaigotchi
ok, im a total noob at this so im gonna sound like an idiot. My question is this, i downloaded the xbmc-tv script, and placed it in my xbmc/script folder, when i click on my script files on the media center, it brings up the folder TV, so i click on it and it shows me all the different countries i can pick, but when i select on of them, there is nothing in the folder. for some reason is not recognizing the stream files or i have installed wrong, i read somewhere that i need to make a source file in the video folder dont know how to do that either, plz help, thanks ahead of time.
Just wanted to say thanks for your work! Cool
Really cool, that they all are verified and tested to work on xbmc.

There is nothing more annoying than to have a stream collection which in some weeks is already outdated, because the streams have changed/removed, etc..

If there is also a script using these streams automatically then it is really awesome!
sCAPe Wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for your work! Cool
Really cool, that they all are verified and tested to work on xbmc.

There is nothing more annoying than to have a stream collection which in some weeks is already outdated, because the streams have changed/removed, etc..

If there is also a script using these streams automatically then it is really awesome!

Hey, you and everybody else from the XBMC community is VERY welcome. As I stated in my first post to announce the project: This is my way of giving back to the XBMC community, which I cannot thank enough for their good work.

Right now there are a few interesting things going on: Just today 2 new members joined the team (We are still hiring!) and we've been able to add over 40 new channels from all over the world including countries as Andorra, Armenia, Brazil (thanks fly out to Josh), Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia! That's an awful lot of new channels to watch, but I am pretty sure, you will make it ;-)

If you find any channel that doesn't work, plz send me a PM or leave a comment to this post.

akaigotchi
Is there a plugin (or script) that has a list of radio stations that you can stream? I was going to make a huge DB and shove it on my Xbox, but was wondering if there's an easier alternative.

I know there a few stations in San Diego I wouldn't mind listening to.
There's a built in audio shoutcast directory if that helps you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5