Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Slate Beta Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The day has finally come! Team af is releasing our first public beta of Slate.

Slate started out as this http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s...6566&st=30

Slate has been in development for about 6 weeks. In that time a lot has changed from the original mockups.

Please be sure to use the latest version of xbmc. The latest T3CH release will work just fine.

Things to know

Slate has only been skinned for 4:3 resolution.
Slate will work in 16:9 resolution but has not been optimized for it. Please don't post bug reports for 16:9.
Xlink has not been skinned yet and will not work.
Overlays have not been finished.

We are releasing a skin for the webserver in xbmc.
We are also releasing skins for some of the scripts.

Please checkout our website for more info and downloads.

http://teamaf.fluidboxmedia.de

Looks good, WILL try when i get home from work :-D
ps: hopefully with the help of Nuka, i will soon have XinBox skinn'able. And then there is the possibility of a Slate version.
Its a really nice skin I like it lots
stanley87 Wrote:ps: hopefully with the help of Nuka, i will soon have XinBox skinn'able. And then there is the possibility of a Slate version.

why not? looking forward to skin XinBox for Slate Nod
very nice team af, well done.

Here's a list of scripts that support skinning that are in SVN:
AccuWeather
Apple Movie Trailers
Ambient Light Control Pad
XBMC Changelog
XBMC Lyrics
Youtube (not final yet)

And I believe the new scripts Installer will, by Blittan. (n/a yet)
Also Retro-X by Chunk_1970

get cracking Smile
Very Clean! Nice job!
This is an excellent skin! It hits the feeling I get with Clearity, then expands with vibrant colors and the smooth wrap list. It works great.
The one thing I can say about this skin that is negative is the Home menu. Watching the white text slide past the shaded tab looks a little strange.
All in all, this skin is my new default, well until I find something else to experiment with.
weinerschnitzel Wrote:......
All in all, this skin is my new default, well until I find something else to experiment with.
hahaha this is so true of pretty much any new skin that comes out but yep the guys have done a great job on it looks awsome
very attractive, clean skin. i like it almost as much as i like clearity.

one small thing, though: where is the system info button? i cannot find it to check my RAM situation, and some of my videos won't play running slate. switching back to clearity allows them to play again.

i'm running 1080i, for what it's worth (can't do 720p on my tv), and incidentally the skin looks pretty good for not having been optimized for anything other than standard 4:3.
PS: you guys should set up a SVN for the skin :-D
stanley87 Wrote:PS: you guys should set up a SVN for the skin :-D

If they want I can add them to the official SVN but best if they PM me for all that info
Very nice team af !! Thanks a lot.
This looks pretty cool Smile But yes please release stuff to the official SVN as that is the easiest way for us to download the latest skin updates.

I also wrote a script to change out splash.png you might want to integrate into the skin http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=24955
2 Bugs have find:

I hope you can repair that in the 4:3 resolution.

by djtoll
Pages: 1 2 3 4