Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Change Path for CD Ripping...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Newbie to XBMC... Works and looks great.
Better than existing professionally made stuff! Smile
Still haven't seen anything like this before...!

Have a question regarding CD Ripping.

When I Rip a CD, I would like it to save the Rip like this:
<path>/artist/album name/(mp3 track file)

As it is now, it will be saved as:
<path>/album name/(mp3 track file)

I would like to have the ripped albums from the same artist in subfolders to the artists name.

Is this possible?
Not currently.

A patch will be welcome, however.
I felt like trying it. http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=581840

If no Artist is found a keyboard is brought up.

This does not work right with compilations. It needs work. I'll take another look at it later.
Alright the final version does handle compilations. I just moved the final setting of the path down into the for loop for ripping.

I don't know if a setting should be used for folder structure. I personally think it should rip Artist/Album/Song.mp3, so it's fine for me.

Though I don't use it anyways.

Edit: I don't know if it's my changes (I wouldn't think so), but, I have to turn off the xbox with the power button after ripping a CD. The menu items for restart and shutdown, don't work. I did cancel the rip though?
Nuka1195 Wrote:...Edit: I don't know if it's my changes (I wouldn't think so), but, I have to turn off the xbox with the power button after ripping a CD. The menu items for restart and shutdown, don't work. I did cancel the rip though?

No, I haven't noticed anything like that. After the Rip is done, I'm back at the Music -menu and it will take another rip without problems.
I'm using the latest T3CH (2007-06-17 SVN rev9336).

Regards,
Nuka1195 Wrote:...I personally think it should rip Artist/Album/Song.mp3, so it's fine for me.

Yes, that would be great. As it is now, it will rip like:

<path>/album name/Song.mp3

Which is a little bit annoying...
Was this feature added to the main tree? I can't seem to make it do this and the link from above doesn't work anymore.
No it wasn't

Probably a better solution to this would be to interpet slashes properly in the custom naming scheme.

So you can have something like %G/%B/%N. %A which would set the file to be /SetDirectory/Genre/Album/01. Track

I'm looking to doing this right now.
Just like to confirm that this is working fine. Use / in the template to indicate a subfolder. So A%/B%/N% T% gives Pixies/Doolittle/01 Debaser.mp3

VERY nice Big Grin