Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I add new additional skins to XBMC for Mac OS X?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read in a previous thread about contextual menus but I don't know what that means, but could someone tell me how to use skins in 0.1.1?
Thanks
read the friendly manual
djn04 Wrote:I read in a previous thread about contextual menus but I don't know what that means, but could someone tell me how to use skins in 0.1.1?
Thanks
same question
djn04 Wrote:I read in a previous thread about contextual menus but I don't know what that means, but could someone tell me how to use skins in 0.1.1?
Thanks

Right click (or Control click) the XBMC Application and select "Show Package Contents".

Then navigate: Contents > Resources > XBMC > skin

Drop your new skin into the skin folder. You should now be able to select the different skins in XBMC.
spiff Wrote:read the friendly manual
I have read the manual to, and maybe I am missing something. But it seems to be more Windows related:confused2: Maybe a little more assistance could be given on OSX side
the key information is that you put the skin into the skin/ directory of xbmc.
i have never used a mac, nor will i ever if i can help it.

anything that is particular for mac osx should definitely be documented better in the manual. that's the beauty of it being a wiki - anyone can contribute. so hopefully some kind osx user will add the info if there's something particular to osx in this regards.
Here is how you apply skins...

Right click on XBMC select "show package contents"

Go to skins folder

Drag skin in to folder

You're done!

I have edited some of the .xml's to make my menu's different so yours may not look like this,,,
Alright, PERFECT, I love this front end! Now how do I apply the DVD covers like in Itunes
this time i'm gonna use the real meaning of the F

read the fucking manual

you'll find that ppl wont hold your hand like it's a freaking kinder garden around here, and your lazyness will only bring our hostileness. we donate/have donated shitloads of time to bring this app to you. now do us the decency of spending 10 mins reading the manual. if you don't understand it, read again. if that doesn't work ask SPECIFIC questions which shows that you have atleast put some effort into it.
spiff Wrote:this time i'm gonna use the real meaning of the F

read the fucking manual

you'll find that ppl wont hold your hand like it's a freaking kinder garden around here, and your lazyness will only bring our hostileness. we donate/have donated shitloads of time to bring this app to you. now do us the decency of spending 10 mins reading the manual. if you don't understand it, read again. if that doesn't work ask SPECIFIC questions which shows that you have atleast put some effort into it.
Rolleyes
SurgResDocMD Wrote:Rolleyes
Was not a problem with me, or reading the manual. This was all fixed with the new 0.1.1 release. I would think the developers would want this type of information, maybe notAngry