Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC LiveUSB (formerly "LiveXBMC") V2 is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Halloween Jack Wrote:Hi, I am trying to run this on my AppleTV, but I keep getting "No Screens Found". Any ideas that could allow me to get past this point.
THX!
Jacqueline Stare

Your xorg.conf is messed up or you are running the failsafe version. Check the xorg log and see why xorg is failing. Post the log to a pastebin site and stick the url here so I can see it.
Looks like there is hope for ATI

"True, but in August V3 will be out - it's ready but I was not able to relese it before going on vacation... - and ATI/AMD is supported via Catalyst 8.6 (among other things!)
Cheers
Luigi"
Hi. Just want to start by saying thanks for the great work and effort you guys have put in to this. I tough have some problems.

1: Why can't i mount NTFS drives, not even r/o
2: I'm no longer able to show a console (which kinda' sucks when I want to mount my internal S-ATA disk.

Hope someone has some answers Smile.
Tank you in advance.
hi at all...

i have a question:

is it possible to modify the "rootfs.img" in the main image?

my idea ist to implement the different conf-fies (for mce-remote) in the image, for the next time i build a flash-disk.

the 2nd idea is to have openssh-server built in.
Davilla, I followed your LiveUSB /atvbootloader instructions for the AppleTV. Having problems when it says that it is a read-only filesystem and kicks me to penbuntu login. Ideas?
LiveUSB and MCE Remote

1) Just got a Philips SRM 5100 (mceusb2) remote.

2) Changed the hardware.conf and lircd.conf as commented in this thread and exactly as in this page: http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/...llLiveXBMC.

3) Restarted LIRC afterwards and got a [FAIL] on Stopping remote control daemon, a [OK] loading lirc modules and [OK] starting remote control daemon.

4) Typed IRW to test if the remote was working an it went directly back to the command prompt. Typed again and got a "connection refused" the second time around.

Nothing happens when I try to use it on XBMC.

Question: Am I missing something? Should I install something else for it to work on LiveUSB? Should I change other files? Or, the problem is most definitely in the two CONF files.
Post up the output of the lspci command. It sounds like your IR transceiver is not being recognized by the lircd daemon. I ran in to this myself and had to custom compile lircd for my transceiver which, although it was an mceusb transceiver was new and did not have the id string in the compiled daemon.
WTF0v3r Wrote:Post up the output of the lspci command. It sounds like your IR transceiver is not being recognized by the lircd daemon. I ran in to this myself and had to custom compile lircd for my transceiver which, although it was an mceusb transceiver was new and did not have the id string in the compiled daemon.

if the ir receiver is usb, run lsusb, not lspci.
On which distro is this image built? I'm trying to optimize/strip my Ubuntu and maybe liveUSB could be used as an example...
us1111 Wrote:On which distro is this image built? I'm trying to optimize/strip my Ubuntu and maybe liveUSB could be used as an example...

you basicly start from a clean ubuntu install and start stripping it away..

ofcourse a 'server' install is much better aka the smallest install possible and then add what you need..

also look up the USRT tutorial, how to speed up everything..

a few pointers, remove everything you don't need from the start up
don't use GNOME or KDE let XBMC start @ xorg..
update the splash to the XBMC splash... Wink
derelicte Wrote:if the ir receiver is usb, run lsusb, not lspci.

Yes it is a usb receiver. lsusb yields:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1b1c:1a90
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0471:060d Philips
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

-G
icekiller Wrote:you basicly start from a clean ubuntu install and start stripping it away..

ofcourse a 'server' install is much better aka the smallest install possible and then add what you need..

also look up the USRT tutorial, how to speed up everything..

a few pointers, remove everything you don't need from the start up
don't use GNOME or KDE let XBMC start @ xorg..
update the splash to the XBMC splash... Wink

The ONLY trick with the server install is if you need to run something that is kernel-dependent, it can cause problems. This was the case with my touchscreen (which is still not fully working but I got past the kernel problem). If you download an Ubuntu "Alternate Install" CD and boot to the menu, you can then "modify option" or something like that and select command-line only install. This will use the generic kernel. It is lean and mean. All you do from there is add openssh, lirc, x and xbmc (and whatever else you need).

I did not bother with the startup screen. Since I have two monitors and the smaller one (not the theater projector) is the primary X screen, the theater screen stays black until the XBMC logo pops up for a quick second and then voila -- XBMC in all its glory.

Just make sure you are comfortable with the command line, cause it's all you've got.
us1111 Wrote:On which distro is this image built? I'm trying to optimize/strip my Ubuntu and maybe liveUSB could be used as an example...

Ubuntu Moblin -- not your normal distro Wink
davilla Wrote:Ubuntu Moblin -- not your normal distro Wink
http://www.ubuntu.com/products/mobile
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileAndEmbedded
Ubuntu Mobile and Embedded (a.k.a. Ubuntu MID Edition)
G.Karam Wrote:Yes it is a usb receiver. lsusb yields:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1b1c:1a90
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0471:060d Philips
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

-G

Well I have good news and bad news for you. The good news is that I know what the problem is. The particular version of lirc that is distributed in version 8.04 does not have the proper identifier in the .c file for you version of the mce_usb2 driver. It was not commited to the repository until recently. I had to manually recompile the driver with that identifier added to the file. See my thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34453
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16