Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC LiveUSB (formerly "LiveXBMC") V2 is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Is it possible to build this as a live CD? I've got a laptop I'd like to run it one that won't boot from a USB.

Thanks.
chivar.makatiph Wrote:i have 8gb sdhc class 6 card for my asus eee pc, is there any port for live usb v2 to be installed in sdhc instead of usb flashdrives?

i've got it running from a Micro SDHC, but using a USB-Adapter though..
i tried to use acronis true image on my 4gb usb drive to clone it and restore to 8gb sdhc calss 6 but no luck Sad i dont know what im missing since my livexbmc usb is working perfectly but if i boot from "live" sdhc clone it just dont show any display.. anybody tried manually copying the live usb contents to sdhc media? like "dd"?
btw im using this my Asus eee pc.
Hey I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand...I'm a total linux noob...I'm having trouble mounting my ntsc hard drive...I'm using the LiveUSB(which seems to work great btw)...I've been able to mount the hard drive, but not so it works after I restart. I tried:
Quote:sudo mkdir /media/windows
sudo cp /etc/fstab /etc/fstab_backup
gksudo gedit /etc/fstab
...but gksudo isn't recognized...I guess I was using Dapper commands in Hardy? I have no clue...If anyone can shed some light for me, in a noob-friendly language, it'd be much appreciated
Yes....I got it!! If anybody[noobs] has the same issue go to http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=276804 and go down to post #7
SkeezerJ Wrote:Hey I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand...I'm a total linux noob...I'm having trouble mounting my ntsc hard drive...I'm using the LiveUSB(which seems to work great btw)...I've been able to mount the hard drive, but not so it works after I restart. I tried:
...but gksudo isn't recognized...I guess I was using Dapper commands in Hardy? I have no clue...If anyone can shed some light for me, in a noob-friendly language, it'd be much appreciated

There is no need to use gksudo, if you are typing a command in the terminal, just use 'sudo'.

Dustin
uhm does anyone here have tried making madwifi work with livexbmc? ive been thinking since ubuntu is our base. they why dont the wlan0 in hardy heron work with live? Sad i tried grabbing it from hardy ad itegrate to livexbmc but it just fails...

sir l.capriotti... any suggestions/ideas? Smile
Never tried it, so I'm out of options for a meaningful answer Rolleyes

Luigi
I'm having problems with audio out over HDMI with my gigabyte g33m-s2h

I've tried installing ubuntu 8.04, and have followed instructions to get the audio working, unmuting iec958 in alsamixer, and setting telling ubuntu to use that sound device, and that worked great, but when using this usb distro (that is seemingly working beautifully), I don't know how to tell xbmc to use the HDMI audio output. Sad

I've unmuted the proper things in alsamixer, as i did with the hdd install, but the settings in xbmc don't seem to fix the problem.

in audio hardware in xbmc I can set output to digital, and the following options are set:

Audio output device default
passthrugh output device iec958

I've tried changing audio output device to iec958, and a number of other values, but no audio on hdmi.

I am getting audio on the 3.5 jack, but I can't hook that op to the tv Sad

I'm not very experienced in using linux, but i managed to change to console with ctrl+f1-8 etc..

Anyone have a clue how I do this?
If it works in linux and not XBMC then this is the place but if it's not working in either then head for the Ubuntu forums. So far the only HDMI audio I've heard of working was SPID/f signal piggybacked using some video cards which really isn't what you want I think <shrug>
I've been having two issues I can't figure out...
1.) My internet doesn't seem to work on XBMC, or at least the weather app doesn't work, when I refresh it, it stays blank. When I ping google.com it's apparent the internet works, I just can't figure out why it doesn't seem to work in the gui...any ideas?

2.) My navigation sounds stopped working :confused2: They used to work, and then they suddenly stopped working. My video playback audio still works, but navigation sounds don't work even when video isn't playing. I believe this started around the time I was playing around with adding new skins and plugins. Sounds don't seem to work on any skin. I'd install a new version of xbmc but I'm afraid I'd lose all my settings and stuff

help
.........I also just want to add that my Navigation Sounds are enabled and are set on skin default...the skin I've been using is mayhem III
Maybe I am missing something, but the LiveUSBBuilder does not complete the job.

I run the LiveUSBBuilder.exe from C:\xbmc directory and get the following message:

Quote:Welcome to XBMCLive Image Creator by Luigi Capriotti
Writing image file to Disk: I:
It may take a while, be patient...
Now injecting syslinux on Drive I: ...
All done!

I don't get any prompt for WinImage to do its thing.

As far I could tell WinImage is not included, so I downloaded it and installed it, but this didnt help either.

What am I missing?

Can someone provide a walkthrough.

Thanks, can't wait to try it once it is loaded on my USB
you are missing nothing, except that you are using a new release of the builder tool that doesn't use WinImage....
Boot from that flash disk and hopefully you will be fine.
Cheers

Luigi
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16