Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Microphone and Line in input for karaoke and musical instrument?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Big Grinthis would be great if we can make this happen, in xbmc karaoke it should be able to take a "audio input" from the mic,, lets call this our "Live Audio" and then use the visuals to beat match the music!!! I know we can make this happen!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Help me do this!!!!Big Grin
Perhaps you can make it happen? I doubt any of the official devs care enough about this to make it happen. If you want to investigate, check out the sources for the visualisation control in guilib, and the callbacks that call said functions in paplayer. You'd need to add similar things to the karaoke (CDG) stuff.
Would it be possible to give full microphone access to python scripts on the non xbox versions of xbmc?
Perhaps i am asking the wrong question. This is the scenario i was looking at implementing.

I would like to have a command line sip client running in the background on the linux system.(not part of xbmc) When someone calls me i would modify the sip client to use the xbmc web notification api to give information about who is calling and weather to answer or ignore. If the person clicks answer i would like to execute a command on the linux command line in order to answer the call. Im sure i would do this with python scripts. At that point i would like to know if it is possible to hand over microphone control to the OS in order for me to use the command line sip client running in the background to actually talk. And i guess i would also have the same question about audio output as well. Thanks.
I'm glad to see Karaoke has made a comeback to XBMC for Mac! I liked using this on my old Xbox setup... one question though... on the Xbox, there was a place to select the microphone(s). Does the Mac version support microphones or do you have to do this separately through an amp? I was hoping to be able to use a USB mic or something...

I searched the threads for microphone and karaoke but didn't find anything that seemed to answer this

Thanks!
dailydisco Wrote:Does the Mac version support microphones or do you have to do this separately through an amp?
Microphones are only supported nativly on the Xbox.
jmarshall Wrote:Perhaps you can make it happen? I doubt any of the official devs care enough about this to make it happen. If you want to investigate, check out the sources for the visualisation control in guilib, and the callbacks that call said functions in paplayer. You'd need to add similar things to the karaoke (CDG) stuff.

I thought a callback was something you got when you went to audition for a TV show or movie and they sort of like you? Huh

I wish I could help! I posted this in the general help for Mac/AppleTV but it was moved to the developer section... I only wish that along with my posting move came a skillset upgrade for me. I took VB and Java about 9 years ago because I thought I might try to change careers given that I can monkey with computers fairly well and I used to program my TI-99/4a and save the programs to tape... when I was about 11 years old.

Alas... no skills that will help... the words you wrote in your posting could have been in a dead language as far as I am concerned...

Just a simple question to the general help forum... got my answer though.... not possible yet until someone with a love for Karaoke and the skills to implement comes along... I wonder if the two exist? I guess they must have for the original Xbox version! Big Grin
Could the line in be linked in as a music source?

That we we could name it as we like, and the visualisations etc would all work..

I can think of a few uses any way..
Since I use XBMC there is small feature that would love to have...
A "Line In" Option in the Main Menu.

With this, it would be possible to input sound from external devices in xbmc and listening using the same output hardware.

For example... having a analog turntable directly conected to mediacenter.
(With the possibility to customize the button name, and the same dynamic visualization as the music player would be awesome!)

I already searched for a plugin or any other option, but i think that there is no option for a line in output in xbmc...
I have thought this would be a good idea as one of the default sources.

allowing renaming would also be good, so it doesn't just read line in..
You could set something up to turn the line audio into a stream which can be played by xbmc.
sijones Wrote:allowing renaming would also be good, so it doesn't just read line in..

Yes..
My intention was to output from a turntable, so somethink like vinyl sounds better than "line in"

bobo1on1 Wrote:You could set something up to turn the line audio into a stream which can be played by xbmc.

It's a nice workaround... specially for xbox users.
But it would be great have a line in as native option in xbmc, as all pc's with soundcar have this kind of connection.
Hi... I have this great wireless microphone from DATEL, and it would be fun to use that in the karaoke mode, in XBMC Nod

I did try to connect via USB adapter, but no luck ! And I am sure that it must be a driver problem.

Is there anyway to fix that ??
Hi!

I'm trying to use my wii usb mic (Logitech USB Microphone) with xbmc live and I can't.

I can record some sound in a prompt using this command:
arecord -f cd -D plughw:1,0 -d 20 test.wav

The alsamixer do not allow me to increase the mic sound like it does allow for the builtin card. I have this error:
"This sound device does not have any playback controls."

I'm feeling that I'm close to get this usb mic to work but now I'm lost.

Unfortunately the XBMC system audio configuration or even the audiomixer program addon do not allow me to configure the usb mic. There's no audio input device, only audio output device Sad

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks a lot!
Oscar
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_setup...or_Karaoke

What is not currently supported:
* Using digitized microphone input. The microphone should work in pass-through mode, but will not work in digitized mode, where the sound should be digitally processed by XBMC Media Center. This also means that any voice post-processing is not possible yet.
Pages: 1 2