Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@tslyer: no i didnt. heard of pulse audio for the first time Wink can you tell how to remove?

@seanysean: same prob was here. solved it by apt-getting the latest libmysqlclient
ringgh0st, search the forums.
I ran the ppa for intrepid and this is what I got when I tried to install xbmc

Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  xbmc: Depends: xbmc-common (= 8.10b2svn16090-intrepid2) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-skin-pm3-hd (= 8.10b2svn16090-intrepid2) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-web-pm3 (= 8.10b2svn16090-intrepid2) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Any ideas?
gyrene2083 Wrote:I ran the ppa for intrepid and this is what I got when I tried to install xbmc

Code:
  xbmc: Depends: xbmc-common (= 8.10b2svn16090-intrepid2) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-skin-pm3-hd (= 8.10b2svn16090-intrepid2) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-web-pm3 (= 8.10b2svn16090-intrepid2) but it is not going to be installed

Any ideas?

I get the same when trying to install xbmc*. The solution is to use the following command-line instead:

Quote:sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-skin*

I'm having a complete nightmare with pulseaudio. An install upgraded from 8.04 to Intrepid worked fine. A new clean Intrepid install on the same box has a combination of speeded up video and hangs on trick play. I couldn't kill the pulseaudio process without root access, and disabling it from /etc/init.d/ scripts just made it worse.

Does anybody know exactly what the pulseaudio issues are with xbmc and are they being looked at?

Thanks,

Sean
I ran that as I saw your thread a few pages back and I still get the same msg here's what I get when I run it.

Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~$ sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-skin*
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting xbmc-skin-default for regex 'xbmc-skin*'
Note, selecting xbmc-skin-mediastream for regex 'xbmc-skin*'
Note, selecting xbmc-skin-pm3 for regex 'xbmc-skin*'
Note, selecting xbmc-skin-pm3-hd for regex 'xbmc-skin*'
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

xbmc: Depends: xbmc-common (= 8.10b2svn16090-intrepid3) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-web-pm3 (= 8.10b2svn16090-intrepid3) but it is not going to be installed
  xbmc-skin-mediastream: Depends: xbmc-common but it is not going to be installed
  xbmc-skin-pm3: Depends: xbmc-common (= 8.10b2svn16090-intrepid3) but it is not going to be installed
  xbmc-skin-pm3-hd: Depends: xbmc-common (= 8.10b2svn16090-intrepid3) but it is not going to be installed
gyrene2083 Wrote:I ran that as I saw your thread a few pages back and I still get the same msg here's what I get when I run it.

Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~$ sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-skin*
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting xbmc-skin-default for regex 'xbmc-skin*'
Note, selecting xbmc-skin-mediastream for regex 'xbmc-skin*'
Note, selecting xbmc-skin-pm3 for regex 'xbmc-skin*'
Note, selecting xbmc-skin-pm3-hd for regex 'xbmc-skin*'
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

xbmc: Depends: xbmc-common (= 8.10b2svn16090-intrepid3) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-web-pm3 (= 8.10b2svn16090-intrepid3) but it is not going to be installed
  xbmc-skin-mediastream: Depends: xbmc-common but it is not going to be installed
  xbmc-skin-pm3: Depends: xbmc-common (= 8.10b2svn16090-intrepid3) but it is not going to be installed
  xbmc-skin-pm3-hd: Depends: xbmc-common (= 8.10b2svn16090-intrepid3) but it is not going to be installed

Have you got an xbmc from a different repo or a hardy build?

Uninstall xbmc*, then install xbmc by itself and finally xbmc-skin*. Does that help?
I used the intrepid ppa on the first page.
xbmc
xbmc-common
xbmc-common-dbg
xbmc-eventclients-dev
j2me
ps3
wiiremote
plugins-supported
scripts-example
supported
skin-mediastream
pm3
pm3-hd
web-eflexweb
iphone-tlrobinson
pm
pm3

All these packages are unchecked in Synaptic Manager.
can you uninstall xbmc-common (and everything related to xbmc ? , Then reinstall only xbmc-common and paste the error you have here .

You should also check that you have universe and multiverse repositories enabled.
wattazoum Wrote:You should also check that you have universe and multiverse repositories enabled.

It worked with the intrepid PPA. Multiverse wasn't checked.Thank you for your help.
So does this mean it will not support any other linux OS? Can't I just use any repository?
miketowninc Wrote:So does this mean it will not support any other linux OS? Can't I just use any repository?

You can compile it yourself, the PPA archive is for Ubuntu.

You might get the PPAs to work with other Debian based distros, but they'd be unsupported.
Just to make it clear.

There are out there some people stating that we support only ubuntu and that we are not supporting GNU Linux. That's not correct, we support GNU Linux but we provide binary packages for Ubuntu only for at least two reason :
1. Ubuntu because I use Ubuntu and I know how to package for Ubuntu so I am giving my free time to package for Ubuntu.
2. Should we support others distros we wouldn't be able to support all of them.

So the most important point is that the source code is compatible with any other GNU LINUX distro. Then if someone can give some free time in packaging binaries for other distros, we will be happy to add a link to our download page.
seanysean Wrote:You can compile it yourself, the PPA archive is for Ubuntu.

You might get the PPAs to work with other Debian based distros, but they'd be unsupported.

Hi thanks for you response,

Do you know of any guides on how to compile it? I am very new to linux... and programming...

I looked in my distros (Dreamlinux which is debian) forum however I failed to find anything to help we with xbmc.Sad
Once you have all the prereqs, it's a simple configure and make install. Problem will likely be tracking down those prereqs for a different distro.
First step to compiling ANY open source app, READ THE README!