Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
wattazoum Wrote:can you install mesa-utils ? it will normally solve your problem.

i did install that on my main box. After that I got a segfault error with crash. that's the log I have linked to pastebin. The glxinfo error was the original error I would get before installing mesa-utils on my main box.
My desktop xbmc install is also having the same problem. I had to revert to the previous package for both.
Same problem here. How do you revert to the previous version?

EDIT: Nevermind - managed to revert by uninstalling XBMC, switching my repository to the Karmic one in the first post and then installing XBMC again.
Yes, that's similar to what I did. I changed the repository (i.e. I commented out the lines pointing to the svn-repository and just left the lines with karmic "stable" and addons. Then I downgraded by selecting the appropriate previous versions. After downgrading and rereading the repository files apt also didn't want to update again.

But even this could be overriden by marking the installed version as 'to hold' (within aptitude you press '=' on the appropriate version) or you may also mark a special version not to be updated to (by pressing 'F' on the "bad" version). The latter option allows upgrades to a newer version if it appears.
Videos seem to be being treated the same as audio files now. Very strange. When you play them XBMC plays the audio in the background and you can switch it to display fullscreen, similarly to if you were playing music. You just get a black screen, though. It even lets you pick the visualisation.
From what I can gather, this black screen problem has now been fixed, but it isn't in the PPA yet. Is this correct, or am I missing something? Also, is it expected to be in the PPA soon? Thanks.
Well looks like he's just finished off another build. It's just popped up in the Jaunty PPA. Hadn't realised you could watch the console output of the build servers actually compiling it all up!
Code:
$ sudo apt-get install xbmc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
  xbmc: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25232-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-skin-confluence (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25232-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed or
                 xbmc-skin-pm3-hd (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25232-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-web-pm3 (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25232-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
Having a problem with XBMC not detecting the audio codec so my media flags are not being displayed, was not working in previous version today and have just updated and the same issue is occurring.

When I export the video db I can see that it is not showing anything in the codec part of the audio information

<audio>
<codec></codec>
<language></language>
<channels>2</channels>
</audio>

It always picks up the correct number of channels but never the codec.

Is this a bug or something I am doing wrong.
lloydsmart Wrote:
Code:
$ sudo apt-get install xbmc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
  xbmc: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25232-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-skin-confluence (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25232-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed or
                 xbmc-skin-pm3-hd (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25232-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-web-pm3 (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25232-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

If you look at the PPA webpage for the xbmc svn, the build failed today for amd64. From skimming the log it looks like it built xbmc correctly, then failed when trying to build xbmc-data. If you remove the svn PPA and use the team-xbmc PPA for now you can at least get the original beta1 copy. Then when the SVN is fixed you can do a quick update.
GhostSeven Wrote:Having a problem with XBMC not detecting the audio codec so my media flags are not being displayed, was not working in previous version today and have just updated and the same issue is occurring.

When I export the video db I can see that it is not showing anything in the codec part of the audio information

<audio>
<codec></codec>
<language></language>
<channels>2</channels>
</audio>

It always picks up the correct number of channels but never the codec.

Is this a bug or something I am doing wrong.

Have managed to resolve this by going back to the standard Karmic PPA, so this must be a bug with the later SVN versions, should I log a ticket / how do I log a ticket?
Quote:should I log a ticket / how do I log a ticket?
Go there : http://trac.xbmc.org
login with your forum username/password.
click on New ticket
add me in the cc list
Don't forget to add some logs.
wattazoum Wrote:Go there : http://trac.xbmc.org
login with your forum username/password.
click on New ticket
add me in the cc list
Don't forget to add some logs.

Will add the ticket now, and add the logs when I get home from work, will install latest version and replicate the bug with logging information.
After doing a re-install of os and install of latest SVN version problem has gone away.

May have been due to an unrelated problem clean install from SVN has fixed this issue.
Well, there is a difference between the last version you have installed and the version your were having issues with. The difference is that revision 25189 were using external libs while the new one uses internal libs.

After 9.11 final release, I'll try external libs again and your reports will be more than welcome.
So it should be ok to install from svn repo again now?