Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BurningSky Wrote:Is this a joke?
You can download Linux here: http://www.ubuntu.com/

Or just give XBMC-Live a try, it's shipped with Linux Rolleyes
Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this (I am on AMD64)?

Sources:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu karmic main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu karmic main

sudo apt-get install xbmc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbmc: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25284-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: xbmc-skin-confluence (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25284-karmic1) but 9.11~beta1-karmic2 is to be installed or
xbmc-skin-pm3-hd (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25284-karmic1) but 9.11~beta1-karmic2 is to be installed
Depends: xbmc-web-pm3 (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25284-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
pfriederichs Wrote:Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this (I am on AMD64)?
[...]
sudo apt-get install xbmc
[...]
xbmc: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25284-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed
[...]

You did
apt-get update
and
apt-get upgrade?
You might also try aptitude. It's a kind of graphical interface to apt-get (console graphic)
BaerMan Wrote:You did
apt-get update
and
apt-get upgrade?
You might also try aptitude. It's a kind of graphical interface to apt-get (console graphic)

Yes I've done both and thats what I get -- my base build is the LIVE 9.1B1 build installed to the HDD.
BaerMan Wrote:You did
apt-get update
and
apt-get upgrade?

Aptitude says no updates are available.
have you tried apt-get -f install
pfriederichs Wrote:Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this (I am on AMD64)?

This happened to me on moving from "stable" beta to the SVN package - you have to force-remove the old xbmc-common package, then update/upgrade.
Nice! The latest version works perfectly for me! (R25363).

Thanks.
deadite66 Wrote:have you tried apt-get -f install

+1, solved my dependency errors

Code:
sudo apt-get -f install
Any idea why after doing a force/remove on xbmc-common and then a reinstall of xbmc-common using the SVN PPA sources it boots to a login prompt and not right into XBMC?

If I login and startx it works fine.
I apologize since this is a cross post but I figured I would provide some more detail:

I am using the correct sources for the SVN PPA:

One person in this thread said he had to force xbmc-common to uninstall and then reinstall xbmc-common PPA to get the Beta1 LIVE image (installed to HDD) to actually start pulling SVN PPA updates. I did as suggested and upon reinstalling xbmc-common and rebooting it goes to a login prompt -- does not boot into XBMC (its possible this did work but I am by no means a Linux expert and do not know how to fix it so it boots back into XBMC directly).

Fresh install -- same sources using the apt-get -f install syntax yields this...

xbmc: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25363-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: xbmc-skin-confluence (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25363-karmic1) but 9.11~beta1-karmic2 is to be installed or
xbmc-skin-pm3-hd (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25363-karmic1) but 9.11~beta1-karmic2 is to be installed
Depends: xbmc-web-pm3 (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25363-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed

I would appreciate any help from anyone who has successfully taken the XBMC pre-built Live 9.1b ISO installed it to the HDD and has successfully applied the SVN PPA builds there after. I have several issues in Library mode that seem to cause XBMC to crash and restart and am hoping this is fixed already.

Thanks again for any assistance with this -- I didn't think this was going to be as much trouble to update as it has been but again appreciate any assistance with this.
pfriederichs Wrote:I apologize since this is a cross post but I figured I would provide some more detail:

I am using the correct sources for the SVN PPA:

One person in this thread said he had to force xbmc-common to uninstall and then reinstall xbmc-common PPA to get the Beta1 LIVE image (installed to HDD) to actually start pulling SVN PPA updates. I did as suggested and upon reinstalling xbmc-common and rebooting it goes to a login prompt -- does not boot into XBMC (its possible this did work but I am by no means a Linux expert and do not know how to fix it so it boots back into XBMC directly).

Fresh install -- same sources using the apt-get -f install syntax yields this...

xbmc: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25363-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: xbmc-skin-confluence (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25363-karmic1) but 9.11~beta1-karmic2 is to be installed or
xbmc-skin-pm3-hd (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25363-karmic1) but 9.11~beta1-karmic2 is to be installed
Depends: xbmc-web-pm3 (= 1:9.11~beta1+svn25363-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed

I would appreciate any help from anyone who has successfully taken the XBMC pre-built Live 9.1b ISO installed it to the HDD and has successfully applied the SVN PPA builds there after. I have several issues in Library mode that seem to cause XBMC to crash and restart and am hoping this is fixed already.

Thanks again for any assistance with this -- I didn't think this was going to be as much trouble to update as it has been but again appreciate any assistance with this.

I too am would like to update the pre-built Live 9.11b ISO and am having the same issues.
Smeezy101 Wrote:I too am would like to update the pre-built Live 9.11b ISO and am having the same issues.

Mark me as a 3rd who would like some assistance (same issue)

speedbal
Nobody has done this and is willing to explain what they did exactly to make it happen? By all means I am not trying to be a pain in the ass but would highly appreciate any assistance with this. I have read page after page and tried all kinds of suggestions but it is not just me having this problem.

Again I really do appreciate the comments so far and any further assistance!
Quote:Again I really do appreciate the comments so far and any further assistance!
There is no svn releases during the release process. You need to wait or compile or yourself.
If you do not get beta1 from svn ppa use the "stable" instead.

This is covered already in this and many other threads.