Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I also tried replacing my sources in /etc/apt/sources.list too and I get the same thing.
Now I'm using SVN27527 from PPA and still there seems to be a problem with the quit/shutdown commands. My XBMC gets started from commandline with /usr/bin/xbmc-standalone and when trying to quit via main menu XBMC just restarts. After restart the video settings are somehow changed and the screen isn't adjusted to the TV anymore.
But in contrast to my last try (SVN26540) I now can stop XBMC with the menu entry "restart". Confused

Additionally XBMC seems to run much slower now and less stable. Also there seems to be a problem with the scrapers, most of my newly added movies don't get recognized (using ofdb), even while the movies are in online database. for example 'Blown Away" isn't recognized but XBMC offers me some complete different titles.

I just inspected the logfile: Am I misunderstanding the entry or does really bing.com get queried for scraper ofdb? Is this set by scraper or does XBMC wrap some code around the queries?
This is the entry:

Code:
21:08:53 T:139949132740880 M:1551020032   DEBUG: InternalFindMovie: Searching for 'explosiv - blown away' using OFDb scraper (file: 'ofdb.xml', content: 'movies', language: 'de', date: '2010-01-13', framework: '1.1')
21:08:53 T:139949132740880 M:1551020032   DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0x7fff20d274b8) http://api.bing.com/xml.aspx?AppId=16E50AB9947899C41433EB944C60174737855036&Sources=web&xmltype=attributebased&Query=site:ofdb.de/film+explosiv%20%2d%20blown%20away&web.count=50
21:08:53 T:139949132740880 M:1551020032    INFO: easy_aquire - Created session to http://api.bing.com
21:08:54 T:139949132740880 M:1551147008   DEBUG: FileCurl::Close(0x7fff20d274b8) http://api.bing.com/xml.aspx?AppId=16E50AB9947899C41433EB944C60174737855036&Sources=web&xmltype=attributebased&Query=site:ofdb.de/film+explosiv%20%2d%20blown%20away&web.count=50

I think I'll have to go back to stable release again. Actual SVN are too buggy for me. No
Hello,
I'm using Debian, so not Ubuntu.. But I would like to build xbmc as well using the PPA.
Now, when I run ./bootstrap after having done a checkout on svn, I get this:
Code:
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force
autoreconf: configure.in: tracing
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --force
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
autoreconf: Leaving directory `.'
autoreconf: Entering directory `lib/cpluff'
autoreconf: running: autopoint --force
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
configure.ac:60: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:61: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
configure.ac:62: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
Is there some Debian-version of the PPA available somewhere, and where? Couldn't find one myself...
Or is there a simple method fixing ./bootstrap?
Thanks in advance!
When will nightly builds of the SVN resume?

Thanks,
Bahndit
Hello,

I am still stuck on Jaunty due to Karmic's suspend/resume issues. I tried to install xbmc latest from the SVN PPA but I was greeted by broken packages and missing dependencies.

Is the SVN PPA working for Jaunty? Or are these broken packages due to the release cycle?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
rbonon Wrote:I am still stuck on Jaunty due to Karmic's suspend/resume issues.

What suspend/resume issues are you having on Karmic?
So.. No-one on this forum knows anything about a Debian-version of the PPA?
Superorb Wrote:What suspend/resume issues are you having on Karmic?

I decided to go for a set-top box setup, based on a GA-E7AUM-DS2H mobo, and suspend/resume is crucial for me. Before doing the XBMCBuntu setup, I tried both Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.11 as Live CD and also installed to the HD.

9.11 would not suspend, both as Live CD and as installed to HD. It would shutdown X11 and revert to a black screen, but would not sleep. This behaviour was mentioned both here in xbmc.org forums as well as in Ubuntu forums. I saw some mentions (could not remember exactly where) saying this was actually a known problem to Karmic, and should be fixed on Lucid, so I statyed with Jaunty.

In my XBMCBuntu Jaunty setup, suspend/resume works excellently, but I would appreciate being able to install the later XBMC SVNs to enjoy some nicer skins (Aeon Hitched, Alaska revisited, etc).
Caster Wrote:So.. No-one on this forum knows anything about a Debian-version of the PPA?

XBMC packages are available for squeeze and sid at http://debian-multimedia.org/

I tried them but kept having problems with VDPAU on random videos. When I tested Ubuntu and every single video worked fine, I decided to worry about it later and am still using Ubuntu. If you have the same problems with VDPAU and get them resolved, please let me know because I'd love to run Debian GNU/Linux instead (as with all the other computers in the house).
I have an ion 330 setup.

Should I install a 32 bit version of Ubuntu with xbmc or a 64 bit version of ubuntu?
64bit is preferred (imo)
treyh0 Wrote:XBMC packages are available for squeeze and sid at http://debian-multimedia.org/

I tried them but kept having problems with VDPAU on random videos. When I tested Ubuntu and every single video worked fine, I decided to worry about it later and am still using Ubuntu. If you have the same problems with VDPAU and get them resolved, please let me know because I'd love to run Debian GNU/Linux instead (as with all the other computers in the house).
It works for the Ubuntu stable version of XBMC because the vdpau support (for xvid) was not extisting in ffmpg when it was released. If you compile it yourself with external libraries enabled, you will have the same problem on all xvid files.
Seven weeks since an SVN build. Is the codebase still not stable?
Code merge is still under way and no official builds will be released until then. Announcement will be made on xbmc.org when it is complete and nightly builds will resume.
BaerMan
Where to find SVN26540?