Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for the reply and the link. I'll just wait until libcrystalhd gets back into ppa.
lol just had a look at the PPA to see if i386 for jaunty is now building, its the only one that isn't. i386 for all the others is now working correctly though.

Think ill just stick to compiling it myself....
new error for i386 jaunty...

libavcodec/x86/h264dsp_mmx.c: In function 'h264_h_loop_filter_luma_mmx2':
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:731: error: can't find a register in class 'GENERAL_REGS' while reloading 'asm'
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:731: error: can't find a register in class 'GENERAL_REGS' while reloading 'asm'
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:731: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constraints
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:731: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constraints
libavcodec/x86/h264dsp_mmx.c:634: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constraints
libavcodec/x86/h264dsp_mmx.c:634: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constraints
make[3]: *** [libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.o] Error 1
Turns out they cross compile causing that error. We enable PIC even thou it's compiling for x86.

<edit>
Hmm.. No that is not it..
</edit>

<edit2>
Looks like it tries to build xbmc without optimizations..
--enable-debug --disable-optimizations
</edit>
Color of DVD Subtitles still wrong in Linux build. In windows it was fixed around build 316xx but the problem still exist in Ubuntu SVN binary build.

I tried the one that has yellow subtitles and it turn out light blue / cyan.
Jaunty i386 error

libavcodec/x86/h264dsp_mmx.c: In function 'h264_h_loop_filter_luma_mmx2':
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:731: error: can't find a register in class 'GENERA$
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:731: error: can't find a register in class 'GENERA$
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:731: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constrain$
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:731: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constrain$
libavcodec/x86/h264dsp_mmx.c:634: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constrain$
libavcodec/x86/h264dsp_mmx.c:634: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constrain$
make[3]: *** [libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/build/buildd/xbmc-10.08~svn32246/xbmc/cores/dvdpla$
make[2]: *** [ffmpeg] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/build/buildd/xbmc-10.08~svn32246/xbmc/cores/dvdpla$
make[1]: *** [dvdpcodecs] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/build/buildd/xbmc-10.08~svn32246'
dh_auto_build: make returned exit code 2
make: *** [build] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
Build finished at 20100728-1428
FAILED [dpkg-buildpackage died]
(https://edge.launchpad.net/~team-xbmc-sv...es_filter=)

do thos builds support vaapi??
and i heard there was a fix for gsgl shaders not working on ati cards..
bolzerrr Wrote:(https://edge.launchpad.net/~team-xbmc-sv...es_filter=)

do thos builds support vaapi??
and i heard there was a fix for gsgl shaders not working on ati cards..
vaapi is disabled:
Code:
./configure --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --docdir=/usr/share/doc/xbmc --enable-gl --enable-vdpau [b][color=red]--disable-vaapi[/color][/b] --disable-vdadecoder --disable-profiling --enable-joystick --enable-xrandr --disable-ccache --enable-pulse --disable-mid --enable-avahi --disable-asap-codec --enable-webserver --disable-libdts --disable-liba52 --enable-debug --disable-optimizations --enable-faac SVN_REV="32268" CFLAGS="" CXXFLAGS=""
hm do someone know a ppa with dharma & vaapi?
bolzerrr Wrote:hm do someone know a ppa with dharma & vaapi?
Maybe the unofficial nightly builds.
at the moment except from xbmc-bin x64 no other packages are available in the SVN ppa; other packages such as xbmc-data, xbmc-standalone etc. that I can fetch via apt-get depend on earlier versions of xbmc-bin so I can't get XBMC installed from SVN; also there are still serious build problems with all the i386 packages which may be related to the architecture-independent packages not being available at the time of writing

just a warning, I hope this will be resolved over the next few days as I don't have a working XBMC install right now and I am reluctant to go back to the stable PPA
You can install SVN r32246 manually thats the latest working version, so you don't have to go back to the stable PPA.
you're telling me now Wink

do you have some kind of FAQ for manual build install available?

edit: okay I found it http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=577378&postcount=4

thanks for the work, man!
Anybody know what's up with the SVN PPA? It doesn't seem like the builds are failing or anything, they just never start. It always says "Waiting to Build".
The build finally kicked off but it failed. Looks like the build machine needs librtmp-dev to be installed.