Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
X3lectric Wrote:xbmc svn ppa here https://launchpad.net/~team-iquik/+archive/xbmc-svn?field.series_filter=

copied from a recent official xbmc build for team xbmc ppa. should provide a working install untill team xbmc fixes whatever their trying to fix.

enjoy

This worked for me. Thanks!
X3lectric Wrote:xbmc svn ppa here https://launchpad.net/~team-iquik/+archive/xbmc-svn?field.series_filter=

copied from a recent official xbmc build for team xbmc ppa. should provide a working install untill team xbmc fixes whatever their trying to fix.

enjoy

Your link is invalid. I can not add it to repo list. Is it missing something?
What exactly should be added to the repos or what to type at command.

It seems that it will take forever until is all back up...
I wish dropped by this forum yesterday. I ended up reinstalling XBMC over the weekend due to a major glitch I was having, and when I tried updating to the latest SVN using the same procedure I used last time, it kept screwing up on me. I hope they get it up soon, both me and the wife are really missing AEON65, but I guess AEON will have to do for now. Oo
DigitALL Wrote:Your link is invalid. I can not add it to repo list. Is it missing something?

no, you should have just opened the link in your browser and followed the instructions mentioned on that site under "Adding this PPA to your system"

and please remember that this is an unofficial ppa so it is not supported by the XBMC devs and theoretically should not be mentioned in this thread. but as long as the official ppas are fuxx0red I guess it's okay Wink
Still no note on the front page, still no official statement when the repos will be up again.
I know this is OpenSource and you are doing this for free but this really sucks guys.
Really.
Hannes The Hun Wrote:no, you should have just opened the link in your browser and followed the instructions mentioned on that site under "Adding this PPA to your system"

and please remember that this is an unofficial ppa so it is not supported by the XBMC devs and theoretically should not be mentioned in this thread. but as long as the official ppas are fuxx0red I guess it's okay Wink

To add ppa https://launchpad.net/~team-iquik/+archive/xbmc-svn?field.series_filter= its easy

add-apt-repository [b]ppa:team-iquik/xbmc-svn
[/b]

yes the ppa is "unofficial" but it was copied from the official one yesterday while xbmc was still up, so technically the packages provided there should be supported by team xbmc.

also if using this ppa please ensure your also using the nvidia vdpau ppa

unfortunately its only Linux users getting taxed with no availability of xbmc builds, Im trying to help correct that for posterity.

please note
this build has rar support disabled but this ppa can also be used to compile from trunk which will have rar support enabled..
Also when a ppa build with rar support shows up I will copy it to my ppa
Hannes The Hun Wrote:and please remember that this is an unofficial ppa so it is not supported by the XBMC devs and theoretically should not be mentioned in this thread. but as long as the official ppas are fuxx0red I guess it's okay Wink

I'll put this reply in bold so that it is easy readable... Smile
I have seen in numerous cases where you moderate members for posting in inappropriate places and this is something very nice of you for trying to keep things clean and organized.

But in this case, most of the posts made in a wrong place are made for the fact that members are trying to find alternatives to the XBMC team screw-up. If we think about it, to disable the installation for an entire branch (Linux) without any prior notice and without any announcement, not even a little sticky, it is simply UNACCEPTABLE, weather the product is free or not, or weather we are donors or not.

If it was a shut down or any problem and estimated to be there like 24 hours, it is somehow OK to "keep quiet", but here we are after more than a week, that's more than 7 (seven) days since all people here are rumble around in the dark trying to find a solution.
But wait, we also have XBMC participation where we are told that they perform some "surgery" and "all is WIP until we are officially told that is all back up". But were we told that we are actually down??
We shouldn't care of motives, but we should care to know. Why the person responsible and who actually open this thread "wattazoum" that is Linux Packager, does keep us in the dark? And if something terrible happened, I am sure that everyone would understand and wait for "repair" whatever it takes. Or better yet, try to offer some temporary alternatives in the mean time.

I do not want to be harsh on XBMC team because I am sure that most of them are hard working people to offer a wonderful product and for free, but even in this situation, let's be clear of it: it is a free new product, not some trash or some discounted or careless product so someone would be entitled to tell: "what do you expect"?
DigitALL Wrote:I'll put this reply in bold so that it is easy readable... Smile
I have seen i...............what do you expect"?

Huh

chill out, its only a media player
tdw197 Wrote:Huh

chill out, its only a media player

Its not "only a media player", its a very good Media Center. Wink
BurningSky Wrote:Its not "only a media player", its a very good Media Center. Wink

well, ok. Nod ... it was a media player, it is now an all conquering 'media centre', but still its not worth getting that het up about it - especially as someone is kindly hosting an alternative repo
But an announcement would be nice....especially since the repo seems to have been down for a whole week. So with that in mind, a reinstall of XBMC is out of the question for an undetermined time...*great* Oo
MockY Wrote:But an announcement would be nice....especially since the repo seems to have been down for a whole week. So with that in mind, a reinstall of XBMC is out of the question for an undetermined time...*great* Oo

There will be an announcement later on today / tonight depending on where you are.

Things hadn't been planned to be down this long, check out the home page for more details later.
oh boy oh boy, do I smell 10.8 final around the cornerHuh!!!
@ hannes

I had that feeling specially since the stable ppa now has all the svn required stuff, but I doubt its gonna be a final, at best a beta...
good enough, and now it also makes complete sense

I'm a little bit excited Big Grin