Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hannes The Hun Wrote:yeah but most XBMC packages are not yet published or currently building so please wait some time

I noticed that. It botched apt-get completely and gave me a bunch of segmentation fault errors. Even though the installer unpacked most packages, nothing seems to have been installed so a apt-get remove wont do any good.
A sudo rm /var/cache/apt/*.bin does not work either. doing an update and then trying to install any package (in this case lynx) results in the following

Code:
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  aptitude: Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) but it is not going to be installed
  gettext-base: Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) but it is not going to be installed
  groff-base: Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) but it is not going to be installed
  libcwidget3: Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) but it is not going to be installed
  libept0: Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) but it is not going to be installed
  libgc1c2: Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) but it is not going to be installed
  libsigc++-2.0-0c2a: Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) but it is not going to be installed
  libstdc++6: Depends: libgcc1 but it is not going to be installed
  libxapian15: Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) but it is not going to be installed
  lshw: Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) but it is not going to be installed
  lynx: Depends: lynx-cur (>= 2.8.8dev.2-1) but it is not going to be installed
  lzma: Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) but it is not going to be installed
  telnet: Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
So in other words, DO NOT try to install XBMC yet. I guess a reinstall of the OS is a must now and one can always hope that we will be notified this time whenever the repo is fully functional again.
oh my it's the missing dependencies nightmare all over again... we've been fighting for weeks with this stuff in the SVN ppa
Is it possible that the Boot Splash are not set back jet?

sudo apt-get install usplash-theme-xbmc-* gives "E: Couldn't find package usplash-theme-xbmc-*"
theuni started a new build process on SVN about one hour ago, at least the 64bit fail to build again

please before posting into this thread, have a look at the ppa pages

https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc-svn/+ar.../+packages
https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/ppa/+packages

you get to these links by clicking "package details" on the overview page

as far as i can see it, the usplash theme might have been "forgotten"

also remember that jaunty uses plymouth, not usplash
Hannes The Hun Wrote:as far as i can see it, the usplash theme might have been "forgotten"

also remember that jaunty uses plymouth, not usplash

Yes I know, using Karmic 32bit and the stable version of Xbmc.
I think too that the usplash theme was forgotten.
See it as a reminder Wink
Once the packages are built in my experimental ppa the usplash for karmic is gonna be posted here https://launchpad.net/~team-iquik/+archive/xbmc-stable

May as well say that the Launchpad builders are a few hours behind so it will be around end of day.
Ok XBMC karmic usplash is now built and published on this PPA
Thanks for the build. Can't wait to try this at home tonight. Just to confirm on how to install I should:

apt-get purge xbmc
comment out any svn sources in synaptic package manager
apt-get install xbmc

I assuming that this stable build will be complete i.e. all features will be operational and add-ons can be installed.
woa you think the stable 9.11 has addon support? I think your confusing with svn
this may have been answered all ready but I am not sure. I have been watching this thread with great interest seeing as how I have been using the ppa's to install new versions. The last version I was able to install from ppa was dated Aug. 12 I believe, and was wondering do you all think it is wise to hold off and wait for them to be fixed or try other methods. The install I have works great for me along with the ability to play hd with no problems, but a part of me wants to go bleeding edge. Any input on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
I would advise, compile your own, however I would also advise you backup before you potentially disturb your setup.
all right thanks for the info, I think I will stick with what I have, it works. I know it will be fixed just gotta put on your patient hat, its an open source project, these guys do a good job, and a damn good on at that. Thanks guys
X3lectric Wrote:Ok XBMC karmic usplash is now built and published on this PPA

Great! and thnx ...
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:this may have been answered all ready but I am not sure. I have been watching this thread with great interest seeing as how I have been using the ppa's to install new versions. The last version I was able to install from ppa was dated Aug. 12 I believe, and was wondering do you all think it is wise to hold off and wait for them to be fixed or try other methods. The install I have works great for me along with the ability to play hd with no problems, but a part of me wants to go bleeding edge. Any input on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

if it's working, don't fix it ;-)
in case somebody might be wondering, SVN33004 still has serious building problems, stay away